Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Kerrrygold (Ireland)

Anchor (New Zealand)

Organic Valley (USA)

All can be found in most healthier markets such as Whole Foods.

But do your research:  some grass fed cows are fed grains in the winter instead of grass. 

Thanks, @Cakers3

I don't get butter often but I have bought Kerrygold a couple of times at Trader Joe's.  Never noticed if it said grass fed, but I'll look. 

Some info on what grass-fed cattle eat in winter.

.http://grassrunfarms.blogspot.com/2013/01/what-do-grass-fed-cattle-eat-in-winter.html

Thank you so much @RoughDraft !

Honored Contributor

I don't consume much butter or margarine but I've been using Smart Balance when I did.

This will be so much better, I'm glad I saw the article because I'm not thrilled eating margarine, a nurse recommended it.

Respected Contributor

Hi Noel7! I kind of gave up dairy because of the autoimmune stuff going on with me, but I still use butter on occasion and when I do, it has to be Kerrygold organic.  Usually I can find it just about anywhere, but you will taste such a difference in grass fed organic butter:  the taste will bring you back to your childhood....and I use it for all of the positive benefits given.

On occasion when I do buy meat, I also buy grass fed: once again, it's healthier compared to the factory farmed stuff, but the flavor is so much better.  I use a minimum of seasoning. It too will take you back to your childhood when beef had a wonderful flavor.

Enjoy both-and if you ever make shortbread cookies with Kerrygold, you will swoon.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

That's all I have been buying for more than a year now.  Organic Valley is what I can find around here.  I think it is well worth it - the flavor alone is so much better. 

Kind of like eggs - big difference in taste and nutrition.

Honored Contributor

I get Kerrygold at Costco.

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Hi Noel7! I kind of gave up dairy because of the autoimmune stuff going on with me, but I still use butter on occasion and when I do, it has to be Kerrygold organic.  Usually I can find it just about anywhere, but you will taste such a difference in grass fed organic butter:  the taste will bring you back to your childhood....and I use it for all of the positive benefits given.

On occasion when I do buy meat, I also buy grass fed: once again, it's healthier compared to the factory farmed stuff, but the flavor is so much better.  I use a minimum of seasoning. It too will take you back to your childhood when beef had a wonderful flavor.

Enjoy both-and if you ever make shortbread cookies with Kerrygold, you will swoon.

Poodlepet2

Hello @Poodlepet2

You and I have several things in common, I also have an autoimmune problem, and I consume almost no dairy, the only reason I have had Smart Balance.

I eat fish and chicken and didn't eat red meat for a long time until anemia became a serious issue.  Now I have grass fed beef about once every two weeks. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I get Kerrygold at Costco.

@DiAnne

My daughter was just at Costco, I called and asked her to look for grass fed butter, specifically Kerrygold.  She said they didn't have it.

Is Kerrygold ALWAYS grass fed?  She looked for something saying that, but maybe they just don't say so on the package.

Honored Contributor

Yes, Kerrygold at Costco is the cheapest around.  It comes in a pack of 3 and freezes well.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

KerryGold, all the way.  I buy it at Costco.  

Honored Contributor

Re: GRASS FED BUTTER

[ Edited ]

@Noel7

I just looked in my fridge and it says on the package from grass fed cows, Pure Irish Butter.  It is in a gold package.  Not every Costco carries the same items.  I am in Washington State.  I have also noticed Kerrygold butter at my Trader Joe's but of course the price is better at Costco!