Respected Contributor

For My QVC Pals I just finished frosting my Elvis Presley Cake

[ Edited ]

Company always request this as it really is delicious, so I decided to make it ahead of time, to serve it later this evening.

I hope all our QVC pals love it as much as we all do.

*****UPDATED*****

"COMMON SENSE SHOULD PREVAIL WHENEVER MAKING ANY RECIPE".

"SHOULD THE INGREDIENTS  OF ANY RECIPE BE TOO SWEET, THE BAKER OR COOK CAN ALWAYS ADJUST THEM TO SUIT THEIR OWN PREFERENCES, AND THE MEDICAL NEEDS OF OTHERS".

"MANY NON DIABETICS, AND DIABETICS, CAN AND DO ENJOY THIS ELVIS PRESLEY CAKE ".

IF A DIABETIC PERSON IS PRESENT WHEN I SERVE THIS ELVIS PRESLEY CAKE, I  CAN ALWAYS MAKE A SECOND SMALLER CAKE USING DIABETIC FRIENDLY SUGAR ALTERNATIVES....AGAIN THAT ALSO IS JUST USING PLAIN COMMON SENSE, SO EVERYONE CAN ENJOY THIS ELVIS PRESLEY CAKE OR ANY TYPE  OF FOOD.

Elvis Presley Cake Recipe

Elvis Presley Cake

http://www.kitchme.com/recipes/elvis-presley-cake

The photograph on the web site displays a round cake, but the recipe calls for the use of a 9X13 inch cake pan, which is how I prepare it.

Depending how you cut the cake to serve, you can get 24 servings if you make the recipe in a 9X13 inch cake pan.

Ingredients:

1 package (18.25 ounce) white cake mix
1 can (8 ounce) crushed pineapple, with juice
2 cup white sugar
1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese
1⁄2 cup butter, softened
4 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, chopped

Directions:

• Prep 20 min
  • Cook 30 min
  • Ready 50 min
  1. Prepare cake according to instructions on the package. Bake in a 9 x 13 inch cake pan. Allow to cool.
  2. Combine pineapple and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Spoon over cooled cake.
  3. In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add vanilla extract and pecans and mix well.
  4. Spread cream cheese frosting over the cake.
Recipe originally inspired by AllRecipes with 5-star rating and 90 reviews.

Happy baking, and enjoy your own Elvis Presley cake creation!
Respected Contributor

Re: For My QVC Pals I just finished frosting my Elvis Presley Cake

Adoreqvc, I was just wondering about you earlier today. I haven't seen you on the boards in a while and am glad to see your post. .  The cake sounds good.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

That cake looks really good, Adore. I hope that you have a nice evening with your friends! Heart

Thanks for posting the recipe. I have never heard of this cake before! Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

Hi birkinbaby,

So glad to read your kind reply......"Many thanks dear friend!".

Was on vacation since the early summer, and returned just before Thanksgiving holiday.

It's nice to be back home again and posting on the QVC Community Recipe bb. I have missed it, and also missed all my QVC palsSmiley Happy.

I hope you willl try the cake because it is really delicious, and Elvis loved it so much it was named after himSmiley Happy.

I know whomever you serve it to will most certainly appreciate your efforts and enjoy it, and I also know you will enjoy it as well.

Have a lovely weekend, and enjoy the upcoming holidaysSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday to you Toppers,

Many thanks for your kind enjoy our company wishes, we really appreciate that!

Many never heard of the Elvis Presley Cake before, but after they make it and eat it, they really adore it and serve it often.

It truly is delicious and can serve many, and I hope you will try it soon, and love it as many of us already do.

Happy upcoming holidays dear friend, stay safe and enjoy! 

Honored Contributor

@adoreqvc  WOW  what a masterpiece!!  Your cake  notonly looks beautiful but sounds mouth watering YUMMY!!!! 

What time are you slicing this baby?  I'll be over for dessert!

Respected Contributor

So the icing has 2 cups granulated sugar AND 4 cups powdered sugar? No wonder Elvis loved it!

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

So the icing has 2 cups granulated sugar AND 4 cups powdered sugar? No wonder Elvis loved it!

That is a lot of sugar!!

Trusted Contributor

@DiAnne A reviewer on thel allrecipes site who made this cake described it  as,  It's not a bad cake, but it's VERY sweet...a diabetic coma in one piece! Even my kids thought so."   

Of the good reviews provided that I read, adjustments were either made or recommended for the amount of sugar needed.

Respected Contributor

Hi PinkDogwood,

Thanks for your lovely reply but it is not a photo of my cake, someone else posted the photograph.

I bake this in a 9X13 inch pan to serve many so a little goes a long way.

Of course you can control the sweetness of the cake for your own preferences as I always do, but no matter how it is baked it is delicious!

I hope you will also try it.

Served it for my company, and everyone loved it, as usualSmiley Happy.