Honored Contributor

FAVORITE QUICHE OR FRITTATA RECIPES?

[ Edited ]

On a whim the other day, I made a quiche with spinach, cooked seasoned turkey crumbles, and grated swiss cheese.   And of course, eggs.  I purchase cartons of egg yolks and egg whites separately, but the ratio I usually use is 50/50.

Yum!    I forgot how good they are!

I used to make a quiche weekly ....  nutritious, easy, and they are good snacks or light meals eaten cold or warmed up.    Plus, you can improvise with whatever ingredients you have on hand.  

It's my understanding that the basic difference between them is that a quiche has a crust, and a frittata doesn't.  But I've seen frozen crustless quiches in the store.  So maybe I'm wrong on this.

So .........     please weigh in on what are your quick and easy recipes, and any tips you care to share. 

TIA !!

Honored Contributor

Re: FAVORITE QUICHE OR FRITTATA RECIPES?

This is the one I make for lunch for work every week.  In fact, 2 are cooling on the counter right now.

Crustless Smoked Turkey Spinach Quiche (Cooking Light)

Note:  I use my stick blender to mix the eggs, cottage cheese and ricotta so that it's a smooth custard.  If you don't blend the cottage cheese (and you use large curd), it's not a smooth quiche.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/crustless-smoked-turkey-spinach-quiche

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I make them all of the time.I like crustless to save fat so I usually lightly butter the pan and sprinkle panko breadcrumbs.Sometimes I use thin sliced almonds instead..I like to make mine with spinach,onion,mushroom and sun dried tomato.I always dice a little garlic and I like lemon zest in the quich if I have lemons. I like to mix up the cheeses I use and sometimes I will add a little cottage cheese too.

Honored Contributor

I love this quiche.  I often use it as a vegetable, although it could easily be a main course with a salad.  Our young grandsons love it.

Crustless Spinach Quiche

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 Tbls. Oil

1 lg. onion, chopped

1 pkg chopped, frozen spinach, all water squeezed out

I put in a colander and press with a spoon.

5 eggs

¾ lbs Muenster cheese, grated

Salt, pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray pie plate

Heat oil in skillet over med heat

Add onion cook only until clear

Add spinach, cook only until excess moisture is out

Let cool.

Beat eggs in bowl with fork or whisk.

Add cheese,  and salt, pepper to taste

Stir onion, spinach mixture in.

Pour into sprayed pie plate

Bake 40-45 minutes until lightly brown.

Honored Contributor

This is the quiche from the former incredible Chelsea's Kitchen and Tearoom In Biltmore Village just outside of Biltmore House.  Everything was absolutely delicious.  img120.jpg

Honored Contributor

I remember years ago trying a quiche that included those tiny diced green chiles .... it was awesome!    I forget what else was in it, but if you like anything southwestern, this is a great ingredient for that.

What I've also learned along the way is to always used grated cheese.   Once I threw a few whole slices of cheese on the top of the quiche in the last 10 minutes of baking .....  it was good if the quiche was warm, but when eating a slice cold the cheese was like a hard shell on the top!   lol

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  I love muenster cheese and yet I've never thought about using it in quiche.

Thanks for that recipe.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@ECBG  I love muenster cheese and yet I've never thought about using it in quiche.

Thanks for that recipe.

@VaBelle35,It reheats well too in the microwave!

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Thanks for that recipe.

I don't think I ever had muenster cheese. I'll try to get a sample at Wegman's today.

My quiche is simple: Usually in a potatoe (from a frozen & thawed bag chopped or shredded potatoes) crust that I season & bake first:

broccoli or spinach (steamed & chopped)

chopped onion (sauted)

a little chopped red sweet pepper (if I have it)

shredded cheddar

3 extra large eggs

1 cup heavy cream

seasoning (S&P, hot pepper flakes, parsley, sweet basil, paprika....nothing exact)

400 degrees for about 23 minutes

You can just throw things together! It always comes out good!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa@You use a hash brown crust? I am loving that idea.