Respected Contributor

Easy "cheesecake":Diabetic,WW and Nutrisystem friendly!

Since being diagnosed, my life has sadly been devoid of cheesecake, but inspiration hit, and I came up with this concoction that satisfies my desire for cheesecake. Enjoy!

2 cups Greek yogurt. I prefer ******e 2%, but use your favorite

1 box Jello sugar free cheesecake mix

1/2 cup almond milk (this is optional if you want it really thick).

Simply blend all ingredients together. I used a balloon whisk and everything came together beautifully. Serve with fresh berries or fruit of your choice. A serving for me is half a cup, but if you use a yogurt with a lower fat content, you can probably have a full cup....the lovely thing about this is that it tastes terrific, and even if I was to pig out on a full cup, I still wouldn't bust my calorie bank! Enjoy!

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: Easy "cheesecake":Diabetic,WW and Nutrisystem friendly!

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Since being diagnosed, my life has sadly been devoid of cheesecake, but inspiration hit, and I came up with this concoction that satisfies my desire for cheesecake. Enjoy!

2 cups Greek yogurt. I prefer ******e 2%, but use your favorite

1 box Jello sugar free cheesecake mix

1/2 cup almond milk (this is optional if you want it really thick).

Simply blend all ingredients together. I used a balloon whisk and everything came together beautifully. Serve with fresh berries or fruit of your choice. A serving for me is half a cup, but if you use a yogurt with a lower fat content, you can probably have a full cup....the lovely thing about this is that it tastes terrific, and even if I was to pig out on a full cup, I still wouldn't bust my calorie bank! Enjoy!

Poodlepet2

I have to ask you does this solidify using Almond Milk? I once made pudding with Almond Milk and it didn't thicken. I ended up throwing it out. I was told you must use skim milk because it has milk solids to thicken the pudding.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much Poodlepet2.  As a diabetic cheesecake lover, I am going to try this as soon as I can pick up some almond milk - or maybe more skim.

Respected Contributor

Hi Jordan and Perkup! For my own reasons, I decided to kick cow's milk out of my diet and I now use almond milk-30 calories a cup-and to me, it tastes 100%better than skim milk. I too have read that you can't use it with instant pudding. The last time I went grocery shopping, I thought to myself " Thank heaven's for Greek Yogurt-it's delicious and versatile. I think I will use some on my baked potato tonight".....it's a great replacement for sour cream-and that's when it hit me....I went straight to the Jello isle.Each box of the sugar free cheesecake makes four servings and adds an additional 25 calories and 6 grams of carb per serving-I think most of us can deal with that, right? I didn't know how it would work, but it worked instantly! You can use skim milk if you want/ or are allowed. My rational for not using skim milk is that lactose is a sugar, and I don't need it. My next experiment is going to be mixing my beloved ******e with sugar-free chocolate pudding.....Life is too short to give up dessert!!!Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2 - do you ever watch Joy on Today Show?  She takes recipes and makes them lower calorie - people write in and say what recipe they want her to reduce calories on - she does a great job and I think she said she's coming out with a book on her recipes - can't remember her last name but she does Joy Fit Club on Kathy and Hoda Today Show segment. 

Respected Contributor

I adore Joy Bauer-she's a genius and her segments on The Today Show and her books have helped me tremendously. As a matter of fact, I used all of her recipes this year for Thanksgiving: they were awesome-especially the stuffing. Dr. Oz also has some marvelous recipes posted on his website.

By the way, I don't know why the censors bleeped the brand name of the yogurt I use, but it's the brand that Bobby Flay endorses ( It rhymes with "highway") Smiley Happy

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

So many times we forget how much sugar is in fruit.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Respected Contributor

This sounds delicious even for non diabetics, so I will prepare and serve when my diabetic friends come over, and I am sure we will also like this too,

Thanks for posting your recipe Poodlepet2, and take care my friend!