Honored Contributor

Re: Dump and Dash Crock Pot and Stove Top Dinners

@sfnative wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh @sfnative I had a marathon session with my crock pot yesterday.  I made a pork butt roast and it took 12 loooooooooong hours . . . I can't even bring myself to look at it today and the kitchen is still a mess as I was up way past my bedtime.

And because I apparently didn't have enough fun yesterday, I just put together a mac and cheese recipe that Noel7 posted but that only takes 3 hours so I think I'm good today.

If you have a moment, would you mind posting that Korean rib sauce recipe please?  I would love to try it . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe

Hi mtc.  You must be exhausted!  Could you direct me to Noel7's Mac 'n Cheese recipe?  My 2 year old granddaughter loves it, so it would be a grand idea for her.

Thank you!

@sfnative absolutely, here you go!:

http://www.southyourmouth.com/2014/12/southern-style-crock-pot-macaroni-cheese.html

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

i am a crockpot fanatic using mine at least a few days every week. However, even I would not put frozen meat into a crockpot , especially chicken. By the time it thawed , then got up to a temperture that would kill germs I would be afraid it would just be full of bacteria when you eat it. So I will take a pass on this idea. 

Generally, I prefer the flavor of meats when they are seared brown before placing them in a crockpot - plus that means the meat is at least warm when it is starting out. I always brown ground meat as well. i also don't like to use the crockpot for chicken. The meat falls apart because it is too cooked. I prefer to cook chicken in the oven.

I guess maybe I would try and remember to take out a bag and let it thaw overnight and dump out whatever liquid may have accumulated overnight but to be honest I am one of those nutcases that won't leave the house with a crock pot plugged in and there's no talking me down from that particular ledge . . . . Smiley Wink

@151949 I know you mentioned on another thread that you make a delicious mac and cheese.  Could I ask you to post the recipe please as I am always looking for a great mac and cheese recipe . . . many thank in advance if you do post your recipe!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@151949 wrote:

i am a crockpot fanatic using mine at least a few days every week. However, even I would not put frozen meat into a crockpot , especially chicken. By the time it thawed , then got up to a temperture that would kill germs I would be afraid it would just be full of bacteria when you eat it. So I will take a pass on this idea. 

Generally, I prefer the flavor of meats when they are seared brown before placing them in a crockpot - plus that means the meat is at least warm when it is starting out. I always brown ground meat as well. i also don't like to use the crockpot for chicken. The meat falls apart because it is too cooked. I prefer to cook chicken in the oven.

I guess maybe I would try and remember to take out a bag and let it thaw overnight and dump out whatever liquid may have accumulated overnight but to be honest I am one of those nutcases that won't leave the house with a crock pot plugged in and there's no talking me down from that particular ledge . . . . Smiley Wink

@151949 I know you mentioned on another thread that you make a delicious mac and cheese.  Could I ask you to post the recipe please as I am always looking for a great mac and cheese recipe . . . many thank in advance if you do post your recipe!

I buy Muellers macaroni and the recipe is on the back of the box.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I buy Muellers macaroni and the recipe is on the back of the box.

Oh fabulous, thank you so much!

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh @sfnative I had a marathon session with my crock pot yesterday.  I made a pork butt roast and it took 12 loooooooooong hours . . . I can't even bring myself to look at it today and the kitchen is still a mess as I was up way past my bedtime.

And because I apparently didn't have enough fun yesterday, I just put together a mac and cheese recipe that Noel7 posted but that only takes 3 hours so I think I'm good today.

If you have a moment, would you mind posting that Korean rib sauce recipe please?  I would love to try it . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe

Hi mtc.  You must be exhausted!  Could you direct me to Noel7's Mac 'n Cheese recipe?  My 2 year old granddaughter loves it, so it would be a grand idea for her.

Thank you!

http://www.southyourmouth.com/2014/12/southern-style-crock-pot-macaroni-cheese.html

@momtochloe

Thank you SO much for the link.  I'm definitely making this for DGD on Chritmas.

God Bless ~ Rebecca

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for posting this.  I have a crock pot and a pressure cooker, neither of which I've used much.  I'm severly lacking in cooking skills, but this seems like something I might be able to do.  I generally buy chicken cooked because I can never figure out when it is done.  As a result, it ends up overcooked and dry.  The few times I used the crock pot, it seemed to take care of this problem.

This reply will bookmark your info for me to refer back to during the cold days of winter when a nice hot meal would be good.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe

Thank you!

@momtochloe

Thank you SO much for the link.  I'm definitely making this for DGD on Chritmas.

God Bless ~ Rebecca

@sfnative I have to say this is one GOOD mac and cheese recipe and so easy to make!

Since I have to cut recipes in half I missed on the math for a couple of ingredients but that is one delicious recipe and is definitely in my regular recipe rotation going forward . . . I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Respected Contributor

Hi mtc,

I love using my multifunction 7 options Instant Pot pressure cooker, which is also a slow cooker.

Hugs for all the links you so kindly supplied, and wishing you and yours, joyous upcoming safe holidays.

Enjoy dear friend and be wellSmiley Happy.

Super Contributor

In the last 3 months I have bought two crock pots at my local salvation army....4 dollars each !

The first thing I made was pinto beans ! Cooked on high !

YUP they were great !

The net has brought many good links for many of us to share !

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK