Honored Contributor

Do You Have a Favorite BREAD RECIPE for the 5qt. KitchanAid?

I usually bake in my bread machine, but I would like to make some bread in the KitchenAid 5qt I have before I get out the bigger 6 qt. for holiday baking in big batches.

Do you have a favorite bread recipe you make in the mixer?  I like white, whole wheat, oat or combos!  

By the way, I have a toffee colored one I got a couple of years on a big sale!

THANKS!

Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Have a Favorite BREAD RECIPE for the 5qt. KitchanAid?

• 1 package active dry yeast
  • 2 cups warm whole milk (approximately 100° to 115°)
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 5 to 6 cups all-purpose flour

This is the James Beard homemade white bread recipe and it never fails. 

Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk (I use a thermometer to make sure I don't kill the yeast.) Add in sugar and melted butter, then salt. Mix in flour until you have a smooth loaf, switching to dough hook. The dough should feel tacky, like masking tape on your finger. Let rise in a greased bowl until the dough doubles. Or if you stick in a finger, it doesn't resist. Punch down, form two loaves in two buttered  9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans . Cover and let rise again until doubled in size.Bake at 400 deg F for 40-45 min. To avoid a cracked side of the top, you can slash the loaves down the middle with a bread razor but I often do not. 

Honored Contributor

THANK YOU so much!  That is exactly what I was looking for!  Something tried and true!  I'll make that for sure in the next few days.

Honored Contributor

I like the King Arthur Flour pain de mie recipe on their website ( 13 inch loaf) but I can't speak to making it in that KA. I gave mine away and use a different mixer. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval