Valued Contributor

Correction to Coconut Scones by JERZ GIRL - doglover3...attention... :)

Just wanted to share here, since no one commented about my post on the scones thread Smiley Happy

On 7/21/2014 doglover3 said:

Coconut Scones POSTED BY JERZ GIRL

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cold butter, cut into chunks
2 large eggs

***1/2 cup milk*** (edited)
1/4 cup raspberry or cherry jam

In a large bowl, mix flour, coconut, oats, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. With your fingers or a pastry blender, rub or cut in butter until mixture forms coarse crumbs.

In a small bowl, beat eggs and milk to blend. Stir all but about 1 tablespoon egg mixture into flour mixture just until evenly moistened.

Scrape dough onto a lightly floured board and pat into an 8-inch round Slide round onto a buttered 12 x 15 inch jellyroll pan and cut into 8 wedges, leaving wedges in place. Brush top of round with reserved egg mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Make a 1-inch diameter depression on top of the wide end of each wedge and fill each with about 1/2 tablespoon jam.

Bake at 375 degrees F until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Re-cut scones to separate and serve warm, or transfer to a rack to cool completely.

Makes 8 scones.

doglover3, I didn't see milk as an ingredient in the recipe. I had saved the recipe when it was posted, too...I checked mine, and milk was not listed, so I did an online search. I found that it should be ***1/2 cup milk. I thought I'd share! Here's the link to the recipe.... Thank you for sharing!

http://www.yummly.com/recipe/Coconut-Scones-My-Recipes?columns=5&position=1/50

Super Contributor

Re: Correction to Coconut Scones by JERZ GIRL - doglover3...attention... :)

Thanks, Doglover. I always appreciate when someone catches the errors. I've certainly made my share of them.

Super Contributor

Sounds delish!!!!!
Respected Contributor

Thanks Doglover I saw when you corrected so I corrected what I had copied down. I am verey anxious to bake these in fact all of the scones I would like to try. My family really enjoys scones and I make all different kinds. I would love to be in JerzGirl kitchen when she and her Mom are cooking for the holidays, she can really come up with some tasty items and nothing seems like its a big problem to make for them.

Honored Contributor

this looks so good!

Valued Contributor

On 7/25/2014 Beebee2 said:

Thanks, Doglover. I always appreciate when someone catches the errors. I've certainly made my share of them.

Hi Beebee2 - you're welcome! I always wonder how many recipes I have that aren't complete...ha! It's nice to see you, by the way!!

It was actually me that posted the correction, but doglover3 was nice enough to post the recipe that JERZ GIRL originally posted...doglover3 posts so many great recipes...as do you!!