Honored Contributor

A friend just sent me a recipe. At the bottom I noticed "cook mode," with a slider button next to it. I clicked on it and it worked. Apparently it will keep your device from going dark while you're fixing a recipe.

I had never heard of this, but it's a wonderful idea! My screen goes dark constantly when I'm fixing something. I have to log in again and again.

Is anyone familiar with this? Can you set something on your device that will work with every recipe you work with? (I use an iPad.) 

Honored Contributor

I have seen this on quite a few recipe sites.  I think it only works if the site has the option.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom.  I've never noticed that on a recipe but it's a great idea.  Thanks for the heads up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom   On your ipad, go to Settings then scroll down to Display & Brightness, then go to Auto-Lock and chose Never the screen should stay on.  Just remember to set it back when you finish your receipe or the screen will stay on.

Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624@Imaoldhippie , and @grandma2pkmh - Thanks for your replies! @grandma2pkmh - I'm definitely going to try that. As you said I'll have to remember to set it back, and remembering to do anything when I finish something is always a challenge for me!   Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Thank you, I'm gonna check that out...