Super Contributor

I don't remember where I ran across this recipe, but it reminds me ~ a little bit ~ of tapioca pudding. I have made it several times and decided to share. DH does not care for it, but I do.

Chocolate Chia Pudding

2 Tbsp. cocoa powder

1 tsp. instant espresso or coffee powder

1/4 cup organic chia seeds

1 cup of your favorite milk -  warmed (Soy, Almond, Coconut, or I use regular)

1 tsp vanilla

1-2 Tbsp. maple syrup

Dash salt, if desired

Directions:      

1.Mix cocoa powder, instant coffee powder, salt and chia seeds together in a bowl. Pour in warm milk and stir immediately or it will lump. Add vanilla and maple syrup. Stir again to incorporate; let the mixture sit a few minutes before stirring again. Repeat resting and stirring a few times over the course of 20 minutes. It will get lumpy.

2.Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.

I like it best the next day.

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Honored Contributor
DELICIOUS, and full of yummy nourishng stuff!!! I make mine with Truvia, equally as good and a little lower carb.
Mine never lasts until the next day!
I also make it with almond mlk and almond extract, omittng the coffee and cocoa.
If made with just vanilla as flavorng, it's also delicious with mixed berries.
Thanks for posting Tabbycat!
Super Contributor

@violann ...You're welcome. Gee, I'm going to have to try your suggestions and change it up a bit. Thanks violann  Heart

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Respected Contributor

I make a version of this using Premier Protein drinks. I use this as a snack(1/2 of it) or a meal if I'm not feeling like eating. It's pretty good

Basic recipe:

1 protein drink

3 tbsp China seeds

Pour into  a container stir and let sit in fridge until thick. I stir mine a time of two. 

............flavor ideas.......

Vanilla protein drink ....add cinnamon,golden raisins,a few splenda packets,splash of vanilla

Chocolate drink.....add a tbsp of chunky peanut butter and stir in as it thickens (I just got some peanut butter  powder to try...less calories)

Chocolate drink....splendid,tsp espresso powder

Or add any sugar free flavored syrups...hazelnut, etc. 

Trusted Contributor

Sounds delicious!

I often make a chia pudding for breakfast. It's so easy:

3/4 c. almond or coconut milk

2-3 tsp. honey (or maple syrup, if you like)

4 T. chia seeds

I just mix it and refrigerate over night. If you want to jazz it up a little, it's great with fresh fruit or berries, or you can even add some matcha tea powder the night before. So yummy!