Respected Contributor

Does anyone else ever make this? I do not really have a recipe per say... I found this one some time in one those airplane magazines they keep in the seat pockets .... hmmm, must have been totally bored 🤔, but anyhow... it is good... I am sure they have actual recipes out there for it,  but anyhow... it is 1lb of spaghetti cooked al dente, 3 cans of Stagg chili ( I use the ones without beans, but if you like beans either would work), warmed up in a pot. Shredded cheddar cheese - not too much, it makes it too gooey. Just pour the chili on top of the pasta, throw the cheese on, and mix with a couple of large spoons. Easy. Good. I have also topped mine with finely chopped onion too. We like it. My kids always hated it. But, they are both totally picky picky about anything mixed together!! Anyhow - good cool weather dish. (And, of course good Greenbay Packers football game dish, (they like their own version of chili spaghetti up there.) Goes good with a nice cold beer too!! Maybe give it a try sometime...🙂

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@CAMOGIRL  Here is a link to an old conversation about Cincinnati's famous chili.  There are four versions in which to order it:

1. Two way:  Chili & spaghetti  (very few choose this one)
  2. Three way:  Chili, spaghetti and cheese
  3. Four way:  Chili, spaghetti, onions and cheese
  4. Five way: Chili, spaghetti, onions, beans and cheese

Regardless of your preferred version, each is served with oyster crackers and hot sauce on the side. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

If I don't have homemade chili on hand it is Wolf's Brand chili for us here in North Texas  over the spaghetti. This is usually when I have left over chili and serve it over spaghetti or macaroni. Really good! You can add whatever you want for toppings.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Chili Spaghetti

[ Edited ]

I grew up getting what they called Chili Mac--even though it was made with spaghetti, not macaroni--at Steak 'n Shake in St. Louis, and it was sooooo good. It was made with their homemade NO-bean chili served over spaghetti with Parmesan cheese on the side. Wolf's canned chili isn't bad, and for a quick winter meal, I have served it on spaghetti. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Chili Spaghetti

[ Edited ]

A couple of years ago, a prolific poster who I don't see out here anymore, posted a similar recipe.  My husband liked it, and we're from WI and Packer fans.  Maybe I should make your recipe for next week's game.