Respected Contributor

Chicken Salad with Peaches and Pecans

We bought a bushel of peaches last weekend.  Here's what I put together for tonight's dinner.  DH complimented the presentation, taste and texture. 

Chicken Salad with Peaches and Pecans

For 2 servings:

2 ripe peaches, halved, peeled and sliced

2 baked chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
1/3 -½ cup drained, sliced water chestnuts or thinly sliced celery
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 Tablespoons peach preserves
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Romaine lettuce leaves
1/4 cup chopped pecans

For dressing:  Stir together peach preserves, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, pepper and ground ginger. 

Slice baked chicken breasts into thin slices, keeping the slices together in order to maintain the shape of the breast. 

Peel and slice the peaches.

Arrange lettuce leaves in the center of a serving plate. Lay the chicken slices down the center of the lettuce.  Arrange sliced peaches, with beautiful red centers turned upward, around the chicken.  Sprinkle both chicken and peaches with the onions and celery-or-water chestnuts.

Generously drizzle dressing over all.  Top with the pecans.

Mrs. G's notes:  Vidal Blanc is a perfect match for this dish.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Super Contributor

Re: Chicken Salad with Peaches and Pecans

This sounds so good, a must try.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never  made chicken salad with peaches, but I'm sure it's delicious -- and a great way to enjoy summer peaches! I love chicken salad made pretty much like your recipe, with fruit and nuts added for fresh flavor, sweetness, and crunch.  It's great with toasted pecans, almonds, or walnuts and with chopped apples, sliced grapes, dried cranberries, etc.  I always put in chopped mild, sweet Vidalia onions and chopped celery for texture. Wonderful, cool summer main dish salad!

Esteemed Contributor

Your address please? hungry.jpgemotion_grin.png

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe earier this week or last last someone posted a topic about what to do with peaches.  I had posted a wonderfully delicious recipe that my husband and I enjoy.  I'll repost it.  I had made note that I found my Aldi's selling bags of peaches for a mere $3.99.  My first bag was yellow peaches, the 2nd about 2 wks later were white ones at the same price.  This recipe is for for two.  Modify as you need to.

--Slice 3-4 peaches

--Cut up romaine lettuce  or used your fav greens

--You can either debone one of those pre-roasted chickens from your grocery store or cook either breasts or thighs yourself and cut them up.  I've used tenderloins and/or thighs.  I season with a little salt, cracked pepper and Mrs Dash chicken spice.

--Place lettuce on one side of your plate or platter, peaches on the other side.

--Place your cut up chicken down the middle

--Sprinkle generously crumbled blue cheese all around.

--Sprinkle slivered almonds all around

--Drizzle oil & vinegar, season with a bit more salt & pepper

Mix it all up as you enjoy eating.  This makes a great large dinner salad that is VERY tasty!