Trusted Contributor

Chicken Pot Pie-From Campbell's Kitchen

[ Edited ]

What You'll Need

1 package (about 15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts), at room temperature
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Chicken Gravy
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 cup cubed white potato
1 cup sliced cooked carrot
1 can (12.5 ounces) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained--please note that this is one large can of canned chicken

How to Make It

Place 1 pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate.

Stir the gravy, vegetables and chicken in a medium bowl. Spoon the chicken mixture into the pie plate. Place the remaining pie crust over the filling. Press the edges to seal. Cut several slits in the top crust.

Bake at 400°F. for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

My Notes:

I used a glass, deep-dish pie plate for this recipe, as it makes a family-sized amount.

I also tweaked it for us for what we like, and used frozen (thawed first) mixed veggies for this recipe, as opposed to peas and carrots.

I also used jarred gravy as opposed to canned gravy, but to equal the same amount of liquid for the recipe. I did not add any additional salt due to the salt content from the gravy. I did add some pepper to taste for additional seasoning. 

I also used the amount of canned chicken called for in the recipe. As I noted above, the recipe calls for one large can of chicken, but if you can't find one large can, you can use two small cans of chicken in water. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicken Pot Pie-From Campbell's Kitchen

@Toppers wrote:

What You'll Need

1 package (about 15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts), at room temperature
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Chicken Gravy
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 cup cubed white potato
1 cup sliced cooked carrot
1 can (12.5 ounces) Swanson® Premium White Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained--please note that this is one large can of canned chicken

How to Make It

Place 1 pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate.

Stir the gravy, vegetables and chicken in a medium bowl. Spoon the chicken mixture into the pie plate. Place the remaining pie crust over the filling. Press the edges to seal. Cut several slits in the top crust.

Bake at 400°F. for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

My Notes:

I used a glass, deep-dish pie plate for this recipe, as it makes a family-sized amount.

I also tweaked it for us for what we like, and used frozen mixed veggies for this recipe, as opposed to peas and carrots.

I also used jarred gravy as opposed to canned gravy, but to equal the same amount of liquid for the recipe. I did not add any additional salt due to the salt content from the gravy. I did add some pepper to taste for additional seasoning. 

I also used the amount of canned chicken called for in the recipe. As I noted above, the recipe calls for one large can of chicken, but if you can't find one large can, you can use two small cans of chicken in water. 

Thank you @Toppers, I very much look forward to the cooler weather and making this . . . yum!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Chicken Pot Pie-From Campbell's Kitchen

@Toppers, I love Campbell's recipes. We've been lucky enough to enjoy a few of them over the years. I won't get rid of those cookbooks.