Respected Contributor

Cheddar & herb biscuit mix....convenient and very good

[ Edited ]

Found the mix pictured below at Costco.  An online search indicates it's also available at Wal-Mart and probably other places. 

Because each packet of mix inside the (Costco-sized big) box makes 10 biscuits, I needed to cut that in half.

The measurements that I came up with are: 1-1/4 cup of the flour mix, 3 ounces water, 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, a little under 3 tablespoons butter,  and 1/2 of a foil packet of herb blend.

The biscuits turned out great both times I've made them.  If you want to freeze these, you could always wait to brush them with herb butter right before warming them up in the oven.

biscuit mix.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Cheddar & herb biscuit mix....convenient and very good

Oh my goodness, @novamc1 I cannot thank you enough for this.  I bought a box of that mix a bit ago but they just make too many biscuits and my freezer is full so we've just been glaring at each other . . . this is just terrific, thanks for taking the time to do the math and to post this!

Valued Contributor

I bought a box at Costco & I agree, it's pretty tasty. Hubs love them & it makes a plain meal a little more exciting. I prefer them without the herb butter.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Respected Contributor

Yes, I bought this last week at the Walmart ($1.98).  They were very good, fairly close to the Red Lobster ones.

Honored Contributor

I have bought those from Sam's. They are good. Love cheddar biscuits.

Respected Contributor

I have seen this in several grocery stores......I can not bring myself to buy it, it is such an artery clogger, I just can not do it.

We do OCCASIONAL eat processed foods but I still go out of my way to avoid transfats.   

Respected Contributor

Thanks for this @novamc1..been wanting to try it, but now that you have taken the guesswork out of cutting it down, I have NO excuse not to LOL!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh my goodness, @novamc1 I cannot thank you enough for this.  I bought a box of that mix a bit ago but they just make too many biscuits and my freezer is full so we've just been glaring at each other . . . this is just terrific, thanks for taking the time to do the math and to post this!

LOL!! Your posts are always such fun to read, mtc! Your freezer "glares" at you?! Bwahaha! Smiley LOL Heart

Now...that would be kind of scary to picture if that was happening, wouldn't it?! Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I saw this at the store and I really like bread. But I was strong, knowing how good they probably are, I just walked on by! Hope you enjoy these.

Respected Contributor

I'll pass this on to my friend she loves those biscuits.   LOL, I never eat them myself.   Rarely eat any bread with meals.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*