Respected Contributor

Re: Casseroles Always A Crowd Pleaser...

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Jiffy Corn Casserole

Mix together the following:

1 can creamed corn

1 can corn (drained)

1 stick butter (melted)

salt & pepper to taste

Add:

1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix

8 oz. sour cream

Optional, but I do add:

1 small chopped onion

small jar of pimentos (drained)

Spray a 9x13 baking dish and pour in the mixture.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.  Times can vary depending on your oven, don't overbake.  This is so good!  Enjoy!

@IlliniGirl88 I make this every Thanksgiving, & yes it is very good

Esteemed Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Jiffy Corn Casserole

1 can creamed corn

1 can corn (drained)

1 stick butter (melted)

salt & pepper to taste

Add:

8 oz. sour cream

Optional, but I do add:

1 small chopped onion

Spray a 9x13 baking dish and pour in the mixture.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.  Times can vary depending on your oven, don't overbake.  This is so good!  Enjoy!

Wow, that's a lot of butter!  But this sounds really good.  I'm going to try this out; might even add a small can of diced green chilies.  Thanks for posting @IlliniGirl88.  Your other casseroles sound equally as good (and easy too)!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Citrine1 wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Jiffy Corn Casserole

1 can creamed corn

1 can corn (drained)

1 stick butter (melted)

salt & pepper to taste

Add:

8 oz. sour cream

Optional, but I do add:

1 small chopped onion

Wow, that's a lot of butter!  But this sounds really good.  I'm going to try this out; might even add a small can of diced green chilies.  Thanks for posting @IlliniGirl88.  Your other casseroles sound equally as good (and easy too)!

@Citrine1 I make this casserole often and it is delicious.  I cut down a bit on the butter as once I forgot to add it altogether and hardly noticed it . . . I agree I so appreciate everyone's sharing of their casserole recipes.  I have copied so many and now that it is cooler very much look forward to making and enjoying them!  Smiley Happy

eta:  and I agree, a small can of green chilies would be delicious!

Esteemed Contributor

Good to know @momtochloe.  I always appreciate your input!!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Nice thread Bellabutterfly!!! I hope you are feeling better an a Happy Belated Birthday!

This was posted a few years ago by forrestwolf. It always has glowing reviewsWoman Happy

Chicken, Shrimp and Andouille Jambalaya

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 lb andouille sausage , cut into 1/4 inch slices (or your favorite smoked kielbasa or sausage)
1 large onion , chopped
2 celery ribs , diced
1/2 green bell pepper , diced
1/2 red bell pepper , diced
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 1/2 cups long grain rice
1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes , chopped,with juice
2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups stock
8 ounces medium shrimp , peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 green onions , finely chopped

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a large pan or Dutch oven, brown chicken in hot oil on both sides; remove and drain.

3. Add andouille, onion, celery, bell pepper, thyme, oregano, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper to the pan, cooking and stirring for about 5 minutes until onions are tender.

4. Add rice, tomatoes with juice, and broth; bring to a boil.

5. Place rice mixture in a baking dish or oven-proof casserole; top with chicken; cover (can use foil) and bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until rice and chicken are done and tender.

6. Stir in shrimp, parsley, and green onions; cover and cook 5-8 minutes longer or until shrimp curl and turn bright pink and serve.
 4 1 13 25 1 14 11 5 5.3 15 13

Honored Contributor

Ground Beef and Potato Casserole

Number of Servings: 8
Ingredients

1 lb 93% lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onions
1 10.75 oz can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 cup water mixed with soup
1/4 tsp salt(optional)
1/4 tsp black pepper
3-4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced with skin on.

Brown ground beef and onions, drain.
Spray the bottom of a 2 qt glass baking dish(11×9 inch).
Cover the bottom of the dish with a layer of potatoes and a layer of ground beef.
Pour half of soup mixture over this. Add another layer of potatoes and ground beef, pour remaining soup mixture over this also.
Bake covered for 1 hour at 350°F.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone.........had to comment on my Sloppy Joe Casserole recipe that I posted.....some may have tried it or may try it.

I fixed it again tonight.  And, it is good....winner with DH....hooray!

But, I looked at recipe to bake at 375 and then noticed biscuit container said bake biscuits at 350.  So, I decided to bake my casserole at 350...15-20 minutes ...worked well....or maybe my oven is off but it was done and good!  

Thanks for for all the positive comments on this recipe.

Honored Contributor

@walker wrote:

Hi everyone.........had to comment on my Sloppy Joe Casserole recipe that I posted.....some may have tried it or may try it.

I fixed it again tonight.  And, it is good....winner with DH....hooray!

But, I looked at recipe to bake at 375 and then noticed biscuit container said bake biscuits at 350.  So, I decided to bake my casserole at 350...15-20 minutes ...worked well....or maybe my oven is off but it was done and good!  

Thanks for for all the positive comments on this recipe.

Tee hee @walker that is the best casserole ever!  I ate it for breakfast with eggs (delicious), lunch and dinner!  As I had to purchase a slightly larger package of meat I made a bit more than your recipe called for and thought I would freeze the rest . . . yeah, good luck on that . . . I scarfed down the whole thing in no time . . . it is so delicious, easy to make and versatile in terms of what you can mix with it.  Thank you again so much for posting this recipe!

Respected Contributor

Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:

10  -  slices of white bread, cubed

1   -  (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree

2/3 - cup white sugar

1  - teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 - teaspoon ground ginger

1/2 - teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 - teaspoon vanilla extract

1/8 - teaspoon salt

6 - eggs, beaten

1 - (5 oz.)  can evaporated milk

1/2 - cup chopped pecans

Directions:

Grease with butter or (cooking spray) a 13 X 9 inch Casserole Dish.  Place cubed bread into casserole dish. 

In a separate bowl mix together pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla, salt, eggs, milk, evaporated milk, and pecans.  Mix well.

Pour entire mixture over cubed bread.  Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.

The next morning, Preheat oven 350*. 

Uncover and bake the casserole until pumpkin mixture is set. 

Approximately 45 minutes.

(Test to see if mixture is set...Insert a toothpick into the center of casserole if it comes out clean...It is set and ready to serve).  

Before Serving:  Sprinkle Casserole with sifted "Powered Sugar".

Serve, with warm "Maple Syrup".

Enjoy! 

***This is a lovely "Breakfast Casserole", to serve your "Holiday Guest".

Valued Contributor

Almost Cabbage Roll Casserole by: Lilbitmissty 1 lb. lean ground meat 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice 1 large chopped onion 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. pepper 28oz. can tomato sauce (unsalted) or 3- 8oz. cans + 1/2 can water 1/4 cup cider vinegar 1/4 cup brown sugar 2 tsp. dry mustard 8 cups coarsely chopped cabbage (about 1 medium head) In large bowl, mix beef, rice, onion, garlic, salt & pepper. In another bowl, stir together tomato sauce, vinegar, brown sugar and mustard. Layer 1/3 of the cabbage in bottom of 3qt. casserole. Arrange 1/2 of the meat mixture on top. Cover with 1/3 of the cabbage. Top with remaining beef mixture & remaining cabbage. Pour tomato sauce mixture over top, but do not stir. Casserole will be full. Cover. Place on cookie sheets to catch any spills. Bake 325 for 2 hrs. without stirring. Do not uncover so the steam will cook the rice & meat. Turn off heat and let sit in over for 15-30 min or until all liquid is absorbed. Because this recipe uses raw meat, I would cook it before freezing.