Respected Contributor

Re: Can Avocados 🥑 Be Frozen???

@wagirl wrote:

Once upon a time--a hundred years agoWoman Very Happy----my local Safeway store had avos on sale for 50 cents each-----I bought $20 worth and then peeled them, cut them up  to put into my freezer--mostly for smoothies. Never did thaw them for anything else tho.

Thank you for letting me know how you froze them.  I'm sure feeling a lot better about this now.

If you don't mind, do they make very good smoothies?  I hadn't considered this.

Thanks again💝🌸

Respected Contributor

I have even heard of avocado pudding, sounds kind of gross to me but who knows!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cheriere 

Depending on what I have, water or almond milk, spinach or kale, strawberries, blueberries, bananas and avocados. Some may go yuck, but I think it is delicious 😁

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

I have even heard of avocado pudding, sounds kind of gross to me but who knows!

It doesn't sound too good lol.  But, you're right, it could be delicious!  There's been countless times I didn't think I'd enjoy something I turned out to Love!  
Maybe someone here who's tried it will chime in.😃💝🌸

Respected Contributor

@LadybugDG wrote:

@cheriere 

Depending on what I have, water or almond milk, spinach or kale, strawberries, blueberries, bananas and avocados. Some may go yuck, but I think it is delicious 😁

I'd imagine it might add some kind of creaminess to the smoothie.  I'd like that!😃. I can see how if you're just using water, this would make a nice difference.

I have a freezer full of stuff we grow and I'm always looking for new ways to enjoy them:  blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches.  
Thank you for sharing this about smoothies. 💝🌸

Honored Contributor

@cheriere. Yes they can.  Google freeze avocados 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Thanks 😊🌸

I never would've thought they'd hold up well.  I've definitely learned something new today about avocados lol.

Now, I need to google some recipes of how we'll use all of these lol.  It's a huge bag!😃

Honored Contributor

schwans home delivery used to sell frozen avocado/guacamole so i am sure they can be frozen.

my baby grandson loves apples/mango/avocado mixed. freezing avocado is great for baby foods.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

schwans home delivery used to sell frozen avocado/guacamole so i am sure they can be frozen.

my baby grandson loves apples/mango/avocado mixed. freezing avocado is great for baby foods.

I used to ❤️ Schwans stuff, especially their veggie lasagna!  I wish he still had a route that stopped by our house.

Thanks for the tip about avocado's mixing well with apple and mango.  I'll bet that would make a nice smoothie.🌸

Super Contributor

Yes, avocados 🥑 can be frozen and with good results.... I have been doing this for quite awhile now....do not remove skin, keep as is,.....wrap each one with plastic wrap....take out of freezer as needed, it does not take long to defrost...