Honored Contributor

This is a handy appetizer because it can be made a day ahead.  

2 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 T steak sauce
1/2 t curry powder
1-1/2 cups cooked chicken, minced
1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
1 T parsley, minced
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted

Combine cream cheese, steak sauce and curry powder.  
Beat with mixer until smooth.  Stir in chicken, celery and parsley. Shape into a 9 inch log.  Wrap in wax paper.  Chill for 8 hours (at least).  Roll log in sliced almonds.  Serve with crackers.

I am going to up the curry to 1 t the next time.  I cut the chicken in small pieces and then pulsed in food processor a few times. Be careful you do not make "paste". 

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne, sounds most yummy! Is the steak sauce like A1 sauce or something else? Thanks for sharing this recipe. Appreciate all your recipes!

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped

I did use A1 sauce but probably any other steak sauce would work also.  Hope you enjoy it!

Valued Contributor

Have you used canned chicken?  Costco's canned chicken is pretty good!

Honored Contributor

@Libbylady

I tried the Costco canned chicken once in chicken salad and ended up with a revolt in my family.  They were not fans.  I actually used a Costco rotisserie chicken.  

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting this.  I was just thinking today that I need an appetizer for Christmas dinner that's different than just the same old cheese and crackers and this sounds delish...and different but not TOO different, especially if you are serving picky palates!