Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs

I think it would be fine.  It would be just the same as serving regular bacon room temp.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne....thanks!  I will be taking coffee cake and fruit but the bacon sounds good as well!

Honored Contributor

If you need something healthy, yogurt and fruit parfaits are a good choice.  

Valued Contributor

Hi @FastDogWalker2

I cannot do egg dishes, for large crowds, with much success.  I end up worrying about them.  This is what I would do along with a salad of fresh greens and light lemon vinaigrette.  The dishes themselves are pretty to look at so I would not be too fussy about how they were displayed.  I would bake the mac and cheese right before my guests arrived and serve it warm.  All the recipes can be found on the internet.

For drinks.... fresh squeezed OJ, a bottle of good champagne, Bloody Mary mix and coffee and tea.  I would also do a large glass pitcher of water with lemon slices. 

This special banana bread with cream cheese layer:

IMG_1168.JPG

I love this fresh bruschetta on multi grain bread, with avocado, mozzarella balls, cherry tomatoes and balsamic drizzleIMG_1169.JPG

Who doesn't love mac & cheese?  Especially my current fav, with roasted cauliflower and carmelized onions:

IMG_1173.JPG

I love these make ahead granola crust, yogurt fruit tarts:

IMG_1167.JPG

This Italian Torta is so pretty and easy to make!  The crust is crescent rolls.  There are many variations on the internet:

IMG_1172.JPG

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

Re: Brunch Hosting Ideas

[ Edited ]

I agree with another poster on the quiche.  I'd do it in muffin cups for easy serving.  I'd also have pasta salad and a basket made from a watermelon full of fresh mixed fruit.  Done ahead of time, fruits that have enzamatic browning would need fruit fresh (bananas, apples) or you could do other items including melons and pineapple, and whole strawberries.  On the side, I'd also offer mushroom hash brown potatoes and petite muffins with a choice of honey, butter, and jams.

Drinks would be mimosas, coffee, and hot spiced apple cider.

I have a wonderful pasta salad with sour cream, buttermilk, ranch mix, lemon, and dill if you want it. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@DiAnne....can the brown sugar bacon be served room temp?

I have to make a couple of dishes for Sunday School...I don't want to take a warmer so if this is OK room temp I might give it a try, thanks.

@Mom2Dogs,Can you take it in a warm crock pot and plug it in there on low to keep it warm?

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Mom2Dogs

I think it would be fine.  It would be just the same as serving regular bacon room temp.

Ugg I really despise bacon that's not warm. It's gotta to be warm. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ECBG

@ID2...yes, I could take a crock pot but wouldn't the bacon get limp?

I am really not a fan of eating during Sunday School, but we are newbies to the group and would nevery try to rock the boat!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ECBG

@ID2...yes, I could take a crock pot but wouldn't the bacon get limp?

I am really not a fan of eating during Sunday School, but we are newbies to the group and would nevery try to rock the boat!

@ID2,That was the only thing I could come up with unless you have a warming tray to put it on for a while when you got there.  You could possibly use a warming stone from a kitchen store.  Then you'd have it for your bread basket.  Sausage is much easier to deal with.

Respected Contributor

Thanks all! Great ideas!  I think I will serve an egg casserole, a baked ham, sticky buns, muffins, fruit salad, shrimp, pimento cheese dip with crackers and a cake of some kind.  Still deciding between mimosas or a punch plus coffee and water,  Now I am going to work on presentation!