Trusted Contributor

Blue Apron.....has anyone here tried it?

I think it sounds interesting and kind of fun, so I've signed up.  I will be getting deliveries for three meals each week for my husband and me.  My first delivery is on Friday, July 3. 

I will receive all ingredients necessary, along with step-by-step recipes.  The cost equals $10 for each of us for each meal. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blue Apron.....has anyone here tried it?

Interesting. I'll be watching for your review. $10 each for that kind of service sounds really reasonable.

Is there some kind of long term contract, or large pay up front?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I've also been tempted to check into this further.  There are just the two of us, and it's expensive to purchase all the many ingredients for a lot of dishes. And you have to spend a lot more than you want to, since you can't buy just enough of some things for two. Thanks for the info on the cost. I also wonder if you had to sign a contract, or how do you determine what and when you want.

Honored Contributor

Three people that I volunteer with at local foodbank are using Blue Apron.   They all really like it.  I looked at it but decided it was not for me. 

Frequent Contributor

My niece does the Blue Apron. They enjoy all the new dishes.
~ It's a good day when I didn't have to unleash the flying monkeys! ~
Trusted Contributor

betteb:  No contract at all.  I can skip any week I want to skip.....or quit altogether at any time.

Contributor

We just returned from a visit with my son, his wife, and their new baby.  While we were there, we had an opportunity to try two of the meals that they received that week.  They were both delicious!  All ingredients were included--we had a shrimp dish one night and chicken another night.  The serving sizes for the four of us was more than ample and we all commented on how good everything was.  They usually have 3 meals per week for two but increased it to two meals for four.  All directions were included so there was no guess work on how to prepare the meals.  The cost is about $10 per person.but food is delivered to the door so it also saves a trip to the store and there is no waste.  They are very happy with the program!

Honored Contributor

I don't want food delivered that I have to cook. I want it prepared and ready to eat!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I was gifted a free week by an employee, and I am not a fan. I had to make an account, put in my credit card number to receive the gift, and I basically had to sign up for the service as if I was going to continue it after that first week. Even though I cancelled the service within the proper amount of time before next week's order went through, they still charged me, because I cancelled on the weekend, and no one at Blue Apron works on the weekend! It was a total disaster, and they were completely incompetent. I had to email them twice and call them to get my money back. It was very annoying. As far as the food goes, it was kind of lame. The portions were small, and the food was not worth the cost. They send you these recipe cards that are supposed to simplify the cooking process. There were so many steps in the recipe, and I kept having to reference the card throughout the process. This made it time consuming and annoying. As another poster said, if you're going to have food delivered, it should be prepared. Thumbs down for me.
Contributor

My daughter uses Blue Apron all the time for her family which includes two children - ages 10 and 13.  She gifted me with a coupon giving me 3 meals for 2 and I will be receiving these next week.  I have used Munchery - a service where the food comes prepared and all you have to do is reheat in the microwave.  It was just okay.  It costs a litle more - depending on what you order.