Honored Contributor

Bacon Scallops w/Garlic Butter Sauce

Bacon Scallops with Garlic Butter Sauce

Crisp bacon, tender-melt-in-your mouth scallops with the most heavenly butter sauce. So fancy yet so easy!

Yield: 4 servings

Ingredients:

• 4 slices bacon, diced
  • 1 pound scallops
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Directions:

1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook until brown and crispy, about 6-8 minutes. Drain excess fat; reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate.
  2. Remove the small side muscle from the scallops, rinse with cold water and thoroughly pat dry. Season scallops with salt and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, add scallops to the skillet in a single layer and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and translucent in the center, about 1-2 minutes per side. Set aside and keep warm.
  3. Melt butter in the skillet. Add garlic, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in bacon and scallops.
  4. Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: Bacon Scallops w/Garlic Butter Sauce

sound and loks awesome.. Bacon and scallops is one of my favorite combinations, and never would have thought of basil and oregano with it!

thanks!

Honored Contributor

Oh @KingstonsMom I love this site, they have the best recipes including this one.  Thank you so much for posting it.  Next time I go to Costco I am going to snag a couple of scallops and make this . . . yum!

Honored Contributor

Looks delicious!  Thanks for posting. 

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh @KingstonsMom I love this site, they have the best recipes including this one.  Thank you so much for posting it.  Next time I go to Costco I am going to snag a couple of scallops and make this . . . yum!

@momtochloe

I've tried this one and it's delicious! So quick and easy, but tastes like it took so much work and expertise!

You can always adjust the amount of spices to your taste and leave out any that you don't care for and it's still delicious!

A splash of white wine added was pretty good too!

We don't have Costco here, but I get my sea scallops at Sams at a great price.

Let me know if you try it and how you like it!

Another favorite of mine is bacon wrapped scallops......ooooh, heaven on a plate!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@momtochloe

I've tried this one and it's delicious! So quick and easy, but tastes like it took so much work and expertise!

You can always adjust the amount of spices to your taste and leave out any that you don't care for and it's still delicious!

A splash of white wine added was pretty good too!

We don't have Costco here, but I get my sea scallops at Sams at a great price.

Let me know if you try it and how you like it!

Another favorite of mine is bacon wrapped scallops......ooooh, heaven on a plate!

@KingstonsMom I am not a huge seafood person but I do like scallops . . . next time I go to Costco scallops are definitely on the list as this dish has all of my favorite ingredients and clearly would be delicious . . . thank you again for posting this recipe . . . it's too bad I bought my toilet paper allowance for the month so now I have to wait until I go back there . . . tee hee!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

These definetly will be on the menu tomorrow night.  My HB's favorite is scallops so a good reason to make them is "Valentines Day"  This recipe picture looks sooooooooooooo yummy and I have all the ingredients in the house, so no shopping to do.  Thanks for posting this.

Honored Contributor

I could see this with tilapia added and served over angel hair pasta!  Many thanks!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  thanks for the recipe.  It looks delicious!  I've never seen this recipe site before, but you can be sure I'll be trying many new recipes from there.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@BaileyBop wrote:

These definetly will be on the menu tomorrow night.  My HB's favorite is scallops so a good reason to make them is "Valentines Day"  This recipe picture looks sooooooooooooo yummy and I have all the ingredients in the house, so no shopping to do.  Thanks for posting this.

@BaileyBop

You're welcome! Please let us know how he likes it!

Smiley love 154.GIF