Trusted Contributor

Anyone for a good tomato sandwich?

The tomatoes are so delicious and I was craving a simple tomato sandwich.  It was great!  (ok, I did sneak in a slice of crumbled bacon on top of the basil mayo that I typically make)

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone for a good tomato sandwich?

I love them!  My favorite thing it eat in late summer.  Our tomatoes are ripening now.  But I do get them now at Veggie stands.  I don't fuss.  I like to eat them on bread and salad dressing.  Perhaps with some topping.  That's all I need

Trusted Contributor

That sounds so good!  I like a ripe tomato, mayo, and pepper on white or sourdough bread.

Trusted Contributor

I try to really enjoy this summer staple.  It is impossible to get tomatoes like this at any other time.  SO GOOD!

Honored Contributor

just picked up about 10 tomatoes while coming back from the beach. lots of small farms have roadside stands.

i like mine with wheat toast, juicy red thick sliced tomatoes, hellmans mayonnaise (or dukes), sea salt, freshly ground pepper. nothing else needed unless of course i am making a BBBLT. Man Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

White bread, GOOD mayo (Dukes!) thick tomato slice, lots of salt!  Bacon?  Maybe but it is so good plain too!!!

Respected Contributor

warm tomatoes from my garden - fresh baked locally rye sourdough bread sliced thick, mayo, thick sliced toms, salt, pepper, fresh basil leaves , tiny drizzle olive oil - yum!

I sometimes add mozzarella and / or avocado.  Just great.  Now gonna make one!

Respected Contributor

I just came in from the garden with a handful of gorgeous...

I just came in from the garden with a handful of gorgeous tomatoes so thank you for the inspiration (: I can't wait to have a sandwich now!
Respected Contributor

Re: I just came in from the garden with a handful of gorgeous...

Yum.. or a tomato pie!!!!!

Honored Contributor

DH planted several tomato plants which are now producing small, but delicious tomatoes.  I love a tomato sandwich with sliced tomatoes, sliced raw onion, fresh pepper, sea salt and just a little mayo.  Yum.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~