Honored Contributor

Annabel Langbein - does anyone else watch her show?

I've only recently discovered her show on the CREATE network and I'm really enjoying it. Her recipes are just different enough to pique my interest and the scenery is spectacular.

Does anyone else watch her show?

I'm thinking of making her chicken leek gratin later this week.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Annabel Langbein - does anyone else watch her show?

@house_cat wrote:

I've only recently discovered her show on the CREATE network and I'm really enjoying it. Her recipes are just different enough to pique my interest and the scenery is spectacular.

Does anyone else watch her show?

I'm thinking of making her chicken leek gratin later this week.

Oh my goodness @house_cat this looks absolutely delicious!  I have never heard of her show but then again my cable company yanked the CREATE channel a while ago.  I'll have to see if I can pick it up over a digital channel.

Thank you for the head's up on this!

Frequent Contributor

How funny! I just saw her show last night for the first time and I really enjoyed it. Two recipes are calling my name, the sponge cake with red raspberries and the lemon tart.

I did find it interesting that, after always being told baking is an exact science, she always used a coffee cup to measure all her dry and liquid ingredients, and then a large serving tablespoon for cornstarch. No measuring cups or spoons for her!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh my goodness @house_cat this looks absolutely delicious!  I have never heard of her show but then again my cable company yanked the CREATE channel a while ago.  I'll have to see if I can pick it up over a digital channel.

Thank you for the head's up on this!

Ironically, we pared down a couple of years ago, so we have only basic cable. I get the CREATE channel way up in the 1200s on my system.  I didn't know it was there until a few  months ago when DH found it. The problem is that we no longer have a DVR, so I rarely catch the shows I want to see. On the other hand, my mom and dad have just about every channel known to man (same cable company), and I can't find the channel on their sytem.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Yes, I have just started watching her and I love the show. The create channel is the best.

Honored Contributor

I watched her show for the first time yesterday too! I thought her food looked great altho I prob would never cook duck but it looked good. I love her accent  and the beautiful countryside and will watch her show again.