Respected Contributor

Am making a large square pizza pie with freshly sauteed mushrooms, and pepperoni for lunch...

Made this and it is in the oven baking.

Hubby prepared a Greek Athenian Feta Cheese tomato salad to go with it, along with a nice bottle of  Greek Red wine.

The house smells divine, and we can't wait to dig in.

Nothing like home made pizza, and today is the day to enjoy it.

I hope everyone also has a delicious lunch today.

Our dinner this evening will be something light...... like tuna fish with diced celery and onions, sliced juicy ripe tomatoes, on home made sliced rye bread also slathered with Hellman's Real Mayonnaise. For a side it will be the delicious leftover luncheon Greek salad, and some  refreshingly cold seltzer to enjoy with it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Am making a large square pizza pie with freshly sauteed mushrooms, and pepperoni for lunch...

Sounds delicious, I just had a frozen Atkins meal (crustless chicken pot pie) heated in the microwave. Your lunch sounds much better!

Respected Contributor

Re: Am making a large square pizza pie with freshly sauteed mushrooms, and pepperoni for lunch...

Your Atkins lunch also sounds delishSmiley Happy.

Who does not love Chicken Pot Pie!

Super Contributor

I make a cheap fast pizza

1 walmart italian loaf...1 dollar

1 can Hunts garlic and onion sauce..1 dollar

1 cup leftover  cooked sausage or hamburger

1 cup Kraft mozzerella cheeze

1/4 cup parmesian cheeese

1 cut up bell pepper

1/4 cup olive oil

Cut loaf in half length wise

Coat with olive oil

In oven at 450 for 5 minutes or golden

Top with rest of stuff

Back in Oven 10 minutes

What I like, is its cheap, and most is already in the kitchen

The loaf of italian bread..One Dollar

This is fast and simple.....makes great leftovers..or made ahead

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK
Honored Contributor

Ok adoreqvc that is a very mean post..I am having cheese and crackers for lunch today.You could make it up to us with an invite though....

Respected Contributor

As long as Pizza tastes delicious in any form it is satisfying, and Milkbone your pizza sounds delicious and satisfying tooSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

Hey Whatnow,

Why just cheese and crackers?

That is usually a prelude of more to come...

Trusted Contributor

@dex wrote:

Ok adoreqvc that is a very mean post..I am having cheese and crackers for lunch today.You could make it up to us with an invite though....

Sometimes that's all that I will eat too, when I just want a bit of a snack, when I'm not that hungry. I love cheese! One of my favorite food groups! Heart Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Hi Toppers,

We usually have cheese as a prelude to more food with breakfast, lunch, or dinner,.

I can certainly understand others enjoying just cheese and crackers for a snack, but for lunch that would never be enough for us.

Glad you enjoy cheese and cracker too as a snack, or when you are not that hungry.