Contributor

How do I adjust temperature and time to fry frozen pre made products.  Foe example, frozen fries, shrimp, etc.?

Honored Contributor

@Kokob wrote:

How do I adjust temperature and time to fry frozen pre made products.  Foe example, frozen fries, shrimp, etc.?

@Kokob I keep the temperature the same for frozen foods as recommended on the package directions but usually start to watch the cooking times as I find that they cook a bit faster in the air fryer.  When you go to flip/shake the basket at the halfway point you can pretty much judge how much additional time you will need.

Contributor

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

You are most welcome @Kokob!

Honored Contributor

Don't use the pre-set button for frozen french fries. 12 mins is too long. It just takes a little trial & error. I use the cook temp on the package unless it's over 400° since that's as high as it goes. I have been making notes so I can remember how long I cooked things. 

I did frozen french fries in 7-8 mins. on 400° I spritz with coconut oil when I shake so I can sprinkle with salt. Since it's not cooked in oil the salt did not stick. 

I did frozen Jumbo Butterfly breaded shrimp for 14 mins @ 400°. I have seen other jumbo shrimp that was a little smaller so check it when you shake half way thru cooking time.

I did popcorn shrimp for 8 mins @ 400°

Frozen Onion Rings 7 mins @ 380°

Pre-heat cold pizza 2 mins @ 380°

Any of these cook times depends on how you like it cooked.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Don't use the pre-set button for frozen french fries. 12 mins is too long. It just takes a little trial & error. I use the cook temp on the package unless it's over 400° since that's as high as it goes. I have been making notes so I can remember how long I cooked things. 

I did frozen french fries in 7-8 mins. on 400° I spritz with coconut oil when I shake so I can sprinkle with salt. Since it's not cooked in oil the salt did not stick. 

@I did frozen Jumbo Butterfly breaded shrimp for 14 mins @ 400°. I have seen other jumbo shrimp that was a little smaller so check it when you shake half way thru cooking time.

@I did popcorn shrimp for 8 mins @ 400°

@Frozen Onion Rings 7 mins @ 380°

@PRE-heat cold pizza 2 mins @ 380°

@Nightowlz these are excellent points as I do not have the TSV air fryer and mine is also not digital so my cook times are not spot on to begin with.

Thank you for bringing this up as it never would have dawned on me!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@I did frozen Jumbo Butterfly breaded shrimp for 14 mins @ 400°. I have seen other jumbo shrimp that was a little smaller so check it when you shake half way thru cooking time.

@Nightowlz these are excellent points as I do not have the TSV air fryer and mine is also not digital so my cook times are not spot on to begin with.

Do you have the dial type on your Air Fryer? It does not turn in increments to certain cooking temps?

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Do you have the dial type on your Air Fryer? It does not turn in increments to certain cooking temps?

@Nightowlz yes I just have the dials so times/temps are not as precise as the digital variety but I still love mine just the same.  Best appliance I have purchased in a long time . . . Smiley Happy