Honored Contributor

Re: ANYONE HAVE AN EXTRA SPECIAL GUACAMOLE

No, I use what the other posters use in mine--but my DD put a squeeze of Kewpie mayo (japanese style) in it and boy was it delicious!!

Esteemed Contributor

So funny, but when I started this thread, Cinco de Mayo wasn't even on my radar!  I was looking at a bowl of almost ripe avacadoes and thought, I better do something about them.  We often eat sliced avacadoes with salt and pepper as a side at a meal, but I wanted to make guacamole. 

The corn added spiked my interest!

Also, the avacado salad.

Thanks everyone!

And yes, Cinco de Mayo! Woman Very Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Happy2BHere wrote:

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

Mash up avocado and add bottled salsa to taste.  A bit of fresh lime juice makes it taste good if you have any.

@PinkyPetunia   I do the same! I mash the avocados and stir in some Pace Medium Picante sauce. I figured since the the picante ingredients include crushed tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, onions, garlic, etc. maybe it would work. It did and everyone loved it. I too add a splash of lemon or lime juice. It's yummy and a breeze to make Woman Wink

@Happy2BHere and @PinkyPetunia, oh, my gosh!  I thought I was the only one who did this.  I tell everyone about my guacamole "cheat".  I do the same as both of you: salsa has the tomotoes, onions, spices, etc!  I also add the squeeze of lime, which adds flavor and helps to keep it from turning brown.

I make it in a Lock'n'Lock.  I am sure everyone knows this trick, but besides the lime helping it from turning brown, it is supposed to help if you leave the avocado pit in with the guacamole.  Also, you can put a piece of plastic wrap touching the guac.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A favorite of mine is to mash up the avocados and mix it in with cottage cheese, add diced tomatoes a little salt & pepper and eat it just like guacamole with chips or crackers or by itself.