¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons minced red onion
1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar
1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons minced garlic
¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Kosher salt

2 pork tenderloins, each about 1 pound, trimmed of silver skin and any excess fat, cut into 1¼-inch cubes
2 large bell peppers, 1 red and 1 green, cut into 1¼-inch squares

Whisk the marinade ingredients, including ½ teaspoon salt. Put the pork cubes in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, and refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours, turning occasionally.

If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes.

Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F). Remove the pork from the bag and discard the marinade. Thread the pork and bell pepper squares alternately onto skewers.

Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the skewers over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the pork is barely pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once or twice. Remove from the grill and season with salt. Serve warm.

Mrs. G’s Note:  If one had been in the 'cellar' we would have opened a red Rioja.  Instead, we found a red blend from Portugal.  It worked well.

We timed it so that while Mr. G. was grilling the Kabobs, I finished preparing:

Spanish Rice
Three Many Cooks | May 15, 2011

1 Tablespoon olive oil
Salt and ground black pepper
½ pound cooked chorizo, sliced ½-inch thick
1 medium-large onion, cut into medium dice
½ red bell pepper, cut into medium dice
1½ cups short-or medium-grain white rice
¾ teaspoon turmeric
2½ cups chicken broth
1 can (14.5 ounces) petite-diced tomatoes
¾ cup frozen peas

Add oil and sausages to skillet; cook until browned, 2-3 minutes. Add onions and peppers; cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in rice and turmeric to coat with oil. Add broth and tomatoes ; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender, 15 minutes. Stir in peas; cover, turn off heat, wait a few minutes. Serve.

YIELD: 6 servings

Mrs. G's note:  I cut the quantities in half, and there's still enough for another for meal.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

Thank you again for sharing. You have some wonderful recipes (I have copied many).  I also love your wine pairing suggestions!

Honored Contributor

Sigh . . . you have no idea how much I wish I lived next door to you @IamMrsG . . . another spectacular meal!

Respected Contributor

@HB glamma  Thank you, it's nice to 'hear' the recipes I've shared haven't been totally discounted.  I have had a life-long passion for good food, and it is a true pleasure to share 'gems' I find along the way.  

For DH and me, wine is a gift worthy of praise.  My suggestions are only that, though.  

@momtochloe   Oh, Sweetie, if only...   Heart   BTW, if you can arrange it, dinner's at 6:30 EST, and tomorrow's menu is Ribeye Steak Sandwiches with Onion Rings.    Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

@IamMrsG

it is harder and harder to find women who truly cook anymore at this age. I also have a life-long love of cooking, recipes, cookbooks, and good eating. And yes, good wine.

So many women don't want to cook anymore so I rely on this board and cooking shows to keep abreast of new recipes and cooking tips.  We could not live on microwaved frozen food the way so many I know do. I always tell my DH how spoiled he is (I love spoiling with my cooking)

Respected Contributor

@HB glamma  I agree with you 100%!  I know a woman who has fed her children microwaved chicken nuggets and/or hot dogs for so long, that is all they think they like now.  I see it as a serious disservice to her children.  

Esteemed Contributor

Always enjoy reading your posts.  You make eating such an enjoyable experience!  Your husband is lucky indeed.

We love Spanish food.  Never made it with chorizo but I will now.  We like it so much that I add ground beef for a meal.

Envy your wine expertise!

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@HB glamma  Thank you, it's nice to 'hear' the recipes I've shared haven't been totally discounted.  I have had a life-long passion for good food, and it is a true pleasure to share 'gems' I find along the way.  

For DH and me, wine is a gift worthy of praise.  My suggestions are only that, though.  

@momtochloe   Oh, Sweetie, if only...   Heart   BTW, if you can arrange it, dinner's at 6:30 EST, and tomorrow's menu is Ribeye Steak Sandwiches with Onion Rings.    Woman Wink

Oh @IamMrsG as a Ribeye Steak Sandwich with Onion Rings is one of my all time favorite meals!  It's so funny you mention this as I just talked myself out of going to Sonic for their 50 cent Corn Dog Day . . . how sad is that? . . . Smiley Happy

I hope you and Mr.G enjoy your feast my friend!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Re: A Spanish Feast tonight

[ Edited ]

@Zhills  What nice comments!  Thank you.  You know, I truly, truly believe food should be enjoyable.  The table is a place for communion, after all, and if more families returned to the traditional family meal at least once a day, I believe we'd be a better society.    

I do not want to project myself as any degree of a wine authority.  I'm just an appreciative imbiber.  Woman Embarassed  We, DH and I, do enjoy all aspects of it quite a lot.  For me, a sun-warmed vineyard  is one of the most beautiful and heady (aroma) sensual experiences.  

vineyard

Esteemed Contributor

@IamMrsG

I love reading your notes and recipes re; your meals and I also appreciate your wine suggestions.  I do have a question which I believe I know the answer -do you meal plan and if so, how far in advance?   I do know that many chefs and cooks go to the market daily to find what is fresh and/or on special and make their daily menu from that.  I hate, absolutely hate to meal plan-I just go blank!  But I don't like to go to the market daily either.  Maybe I need to step my game up!  Woman Frustrated