Valued Contributor

I have had these bars a thousand times and have never made them. I would like to have this recipe. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

You mean this one:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/91711/seven-layer-magic-cookie-bars/

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Super Contributor

Do you want to make them for a crowd or just a few? I have the recipe from the "Dessert for Two" which I make a lot!  I don't want the whole pan in my house I will eat them I LOVE them! Let me know.

RACA

Honored Contributor

mm yum!!! Magic Bars. I bought the ingredients to make those during the holidays & never made them. There was so much junk around already that we could not eat all of. Maybe I will make them for my Birthday next weekend. I bought graham cracker crumbs & wondered what I bought them for. Now I know after reading this post. LOL!!!

Trusted Contributor

I made these for the  holidays and adjusted the recipe to make them like a mounds almond bar...Used chocolate graham crackers....almonds and dark chocolate chips in the recipe..they are sweet and rich so I make the squares small...DW

Honored Contributor

Re: 7 Layer Cookie Bars

[ Edited ]

When I make bar cookies, I always line the 9 x 18 with aluminum foil and leave about eight inches hanging over the ends.  I grease the aluminum lining of the pan as if it weren't there.  I make the cookies, then when cool, you just pick up the ends and lift onto a cutting board.

It will give you much nicer pieces.

You can do this for fudge too.

Respected Contributor

@RACALAMB2 wrote:

Do you want to make them for a crowd or just a few? I have the recipe from the "Dessert for Two" which I make a lot!  I don't want the whole pan in my house I will eat them I LOVE them! Let me know.

RACA

What a great idea for portion control!  Please do share the reduced amount recipe.  I'd love to have that.

Tell us more about this "Dessert for Two" cookbook, if you don't mind.  Do they have recipes for small portions of cakes and pies?  Also, do they have a recipe for chocolate chip cookies?

Respected Contributor

a few variations

Magic Cookie Bars
ingredients
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts
Instructions
HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut and nuts. Press down firmly with fork.
BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.
For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, lift up with edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into bars.
VARIATIONS
SUBSTITUTE chocolate chips or nuts with candy coated pieces, dried cranberries, raisins, mini-marshmallows or butterscotch chips.

Respected Contributor

Hello Yummy Bars Jill Bauer
Jill's Note:
There are a lot of versions of Hello Dolly or Magic Bars…but this recipe is from my childhood bestie, Emily, and I think it takes top prize. The addition of toffee bits and the Teddy Graham crust make these enjoyable!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 box chocolate chip Teddy Graham cookies, finely crushed
1 bag English Toffee bits (in the baking section)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans or shredded coconut
1 can (14-oz) sweetened condensed milk
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Line a 9" x 13" pan with nonstick foil, allowing it to extend over the ends of the pan. Pour the melted butter into the pan. Sprinkle the cookie crumbs in the bottom of the pan and press firmly. Bake for 5 minutes.
Layer the toffee bits, chocolate, and pecans or shredded coconut over the crust in the pan, pressing each layer down firmly. Pour the condensed milk on top. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on the counter and then put the pan in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before trying to remove the dessert from the pan.
Lift the foil out of the pan, turn the bars over, and use a serrated knife to cut them into squares.

Respected Contributor

Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars
Ingredients
Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup (6 oz.) butterscotch-flavored chips
1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts

Instructions
HEAT oven 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds.
For perfectly cut cookie bars, line entire pan with foil, extending foil over edge of pan. Coat lightly with no-stick cooking spray. After bars have baked and cooled, lift up by edges of foil to remove from pan. Cut into individual bars.