Trusted Contributor

Need Fit Advice; A213123 Dreamjeannes Leggings

I am interested in the DreamJeannes knit denim leggings but I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy the short or regular length.   Woman Tongue   I am 5'3" and typically wear petites in pants, but a 26" inseam sounds too short.   If you own these pants, can you please comment on the length? 

I realize that all of us are built differently and may have longer legs, etc., but I'm curious if anyone has found them to be too short.  I read all the reviews and sizing seems to be all over the place.   Thanks in advance. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Fit Advice; A213123 Dreamjeannes Leggings

@SarahW wrote:

I am interested in the DreamJeannes knit denim leggings but I'm having a hard time deciding whether to buy the short or regular length.   Woman Tongue   I am 5'3" and typically wear petites in pants, but a 26" inseam sounds too short.   If you own these pants, can you please comment on the length? 

I realize that all of us are built differently and may have longer legs, etc., but I'm curious if anyone has found them to be too short.  I read all the reviews and sizing seems to be all over the place.   Thanks in advance. 

@SarahW  I am also 5'3" and the short fits great and is a great length for me.

FYI - I can't remember now if it's true for this particular style (I have many DJ leggings including these and the short works for me in all the styles including this one) but sometimes the QF DJs items end up in reality being a little longer than the measurements given.  Also, as you wear them they do stretch out a little which also makes them longer as they stretch a bit.    If you are 5'3" I think you'll be fine with the short (but I'm not paying your return postage if you aren't LOL!)  You do realize, don't you, the difference between short and petites?   If you usually wear petities, it is possible that the crotch area in a short could come down too far for your liking.   A short means they are just shorter in length but not everywhere such as a petite would be.  Oftentimes for me, a petite is correct in length but the rise is too short for me.  Not in these though because they are short, not petite.

Trusted Contributor

Pearley--thanks very much for your input; much appreciated.  I decided to order both short and regular and just try them on.   Woman LOL   I HATE paying to try stuff on but I just need to see them both.   I had stopped buying QVC clothing for a while because I could never seem to find a good fit, but I'm getting sucked back into the vortex with the new spring stuff. 

And yes, I have heard the "short versus petite" explanation ad nauseum during product presentations.   I hope these aren't up under my armpits but I guess I'll find out when the slow boat from China delivers them.   Woman Frustrated    Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@SarahW

These do run short.

Unless you wear them just to the ankle, I'd order reg.

i am 5' and find that in the leggings, these are fine in short for summer.

I like a bootcut covering my shoe best most of the time.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

LovesToTeach--thanks.  I have ordered both short and regular to try them on.  I hate paying return shipping fees to try stuff on, but in this case I just couldn't decide which to get.   I appreciate your input. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you wear petite and want a decent fit,  don't buy Dream Jeannes.  What you'll get is a regular pant with short legs.   The length will probably be okay if you're 5'3"; however the waist and will come up to your bra since the rise is so long. The seat will be baggy.  They are a horrible fit for petites.  I'm 5'4" and the length is fine; the rest is a disaster.  They stretch a lot throughout the day as you wear them.   Many people order down a size. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SarahW You know, don't you, that if you ordered one pair and it didn't work, you could exchange it for the other pair and not pay the $3.00 to reship.  Picking the one you think will work now might save you the return shipping cost if it works.   When you order both pair you will definitely pay for one return shipping.   That's QVC'd policy if returning for fit.  Of course if what you want is sold out, then you are out of luck. That's how I think, anyway.  

I do hope one of the two works for you. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kachina624--Thanks; this is what I'm afraid of.   I do need a petite so I may just cancel the whole thing and go to Macy's.   I appreciate your comment. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@SarahW You know, don't you, that if you ordered one pair and it didn't work, you could exchange it for the other pair and not pay the $3.00 to reship.  Picking the one you think will work now might save you the return shipping cost if it works.   When you order both pair you will definitely pay for one return shipping.   That's QVC'd policy if returning for fit.  Of course if what you want is sold out, then you are out of luck. That's how I think, anyway.  

I do hope one of the two works for you. Smiley Happy

Yes, I know about the exchange thing.   Unfortunately I was ordering white and they sold out pretty fast.   Anyway, I believe I'm going to just cancel the order due to the "short versus petite" thing.  I can't stand for waistbands to be up under my bra, lol.   Thanks again very much for your help. 

Honored Contributor

@SarahW  You are welcome.  BTW - I've only seen Kachina post that.  My QF short pants/leggins waistline comes to my waist.  Smiley Happy  I'm loving them and have many pairs that I wear often.