Super Contributor

I was busy this morning so did not see today's entire QF show, but I could not believe how bad the camera work was on the items I did see.  Every time I looked at the TV screen, the item was being shown from far away.  QF is known for its beautiful sequined motifs, yet the camera either:  (a) hovered on any part of the garment BUT the motif, or (b) showed the garment from so far away so that it was impossible to even see the motif.  Also, the last item I watched was the Beach Dress and the two models wearing the dress only appeared in the last five seconds of the presentation even as Pat was beginning to introduce the next item.  Whoever was directing this show and the cameras this morning (or the parts of it I saw) did a very poor job.  As I have mentioned recently in another post, there are so many small tweaks QVC could make but they just don't seem to be interested.

New Contributor

Re: Camera Work on Today's Show

I wholeheartedly agree! On many shows the camera is so far out that it is not worth my time watching. For example, make up being applied is shot to include the host, model and presenter, when a closeup of just the model is needed to see the application. It is very frustrating. I think all the shows are shot from too far away.

Respected Contributor

@Fona wrote:

I was busy this morning so did not see today's entire QF show, but I could not believe how bad the camera work was on the items I did see.  Every time I looked at the TV screen, the item was being shown from far away.  QF is known for its beautiful sequined motifs, yet the camera either:  (a) hovered on any part of the garment BUT the motif, or (b) showed the garment from so far away so that it was impossible to even see the motif.  Also, the last item I watched was the Beach Dress and the two models wearing the dress only appeared in the last five seconds of the presentation even as Pat was beginning to introduce the next item.  Whoever was directing this show and the cameras this morning (or the parts of it I saw) did a very poor job.  As I have mentioned recently in another post, there are so many small tweaks QVC could make but they just don't seem to be interested.

Inexperienced cameraman

Trusted Contributor

My hubby teaches video production and yipes about the bad camera angles all the time.

Super Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@Fona wrote:

Inexperienced cameraman

Yes - and lack of a good Director and definitely lack of interest by QVC to even try to fix this longstanding complaint from some viewers.