Super Contributor

I forgot to mention the word LOVE.  To me it's the most overused word in food and clothing presentations.  

Let's play a game.  I challenge you to watch the next Susan Graver presentation and every time the word "LOVE" is used by the host and Susan, put a quarter in a jar.  Add up the money at the end of the show and give it to charity (or to pay for the person's meal behind you at the McDonald's drive-thru).  Post the amount here.  Woman LOL

"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Starpolisher wrote:

Jus-zing  (not sure of spelling, made up word) for pushing up sleeves.

Funked  up - recently heard a host describe a tsv pocketbook with this term.

@Starpolisher, I learned this on a thread a couple of weeks ago:

"Jus-zing" is spelled TSZUJING. (Can't wait to use it in Scrabble!) Here's the def from Urban Dictionary: In the fashion world, it means to make something better, generally by tweaking or quirking it to better fit what it's supposed to do both functionally and artistically. It's become most popular due to its frequent use on the hit Bravo show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, usually by their fashion guru Carson Kressly. It is very hard to pronounce, and even harder to spell, many times often misspelled 'jujj' or 'jooj'. Pronounced "zhuj", by the way. HTH.

Thanks for telling me. You learn something new every day!  I've never seen Queer Eye and still do not like the word.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Regular Contributor

A POP of color 

Crisp white shirt with the collar popped Smiley Frustrated

Super Contributor

Re: what words do you hate?

[ Edited ]

My darlings

My love

Heart

"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Super Contributor

I watched Susan Graver's show last night and realized that she must be overloaded with caffeine.  She is friendly and bubbly and I love her fashions, but I would suggest she take a rest from all the hustle and bustle for a bit to slow down and rewind.

The word love was used approximately 116 times, literally was used "16 times" and guts was used just 3.  I actually took the time to count them.  Had I been playing the drinking game, I would have been drunk in the first 15 minutes of the show.  Thankfully, I don't drink, but the "love" word was used so much that I was about to start. LOL

After spending all that time counting, I learned something...I need a life!  

beautiful day doggie.jpg

Contributor

My pet peeve words 

.... High End

.... Couture

Honored Contributor

24/7

good to go

it is what it is

ladies who lunch

very madison avenue

pumpkin patch

pumpkin picking

love, love, love

color blocking

Trusted Contributor

Figure flattering

real women

follow me on Facebook 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

constance2, that was a truly funny post!

yeah, I think we all need a life! and a little drink would be helpful! 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

You're right about the jewelry shows that always mention that "The Sleeping Beauty mine is closed" - really tired of that.  You'd think by now they would have run out of Sleeping Beauty turquoise since the mine has been closed so long. 

Maybe because Sleeping Beauty took a 100 year cat nap before she reinvented herself. 

-- bebe Smiley Wink