Respected Contributor

I wouldn't say "hate, but annoy.

"We're giving you."  Nope, we're buying it.

"Buy as many as you like"

"zhuzzzge"  What the heck does that mean?  Can't even spell it!

Hyacinth

New Contributor

Is it Pant or Pants?  Pant is like nails on a chalk board to me. I guess I'm from the old school and they are Pants to me.  Once in a while I do hear a host slip and say Pants. 

Super Contributor

I cringe whenever I hear anyone use the word "yummy" who is older than 3 years of age.  And when uttered by a middle-aged woman?  UGH!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor
ANY word that is shortened in the host's sad attempt to seem chic or hip.......the most recent annoying word was "Buckey" Palace for Buckingham Palace ....seriously? Also....."bucks" instead of dollars....."it's just $23 bucks"......just stupid!
Trusted Contributor

JUST THROW THIS ON!!   Like your trying to get the runner out at first base!Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

"so, what's the "secret sauce" of this material?"

"the "secret sauce" of this shoe is...."

oh for heavens sake! stop trying to be cute! it sounds stupid!

Valued Contributor

I started about a month ago catching Issac M. saying after almost every sentence, "RIGHT"? Well now just about everybody is saying right after a sentence in the form of a question. Has anybody else noticed this?

Trusted Contributor

alleycatnumber1, I've heard a lot of people talk like that for many many years! along with, "you know". ugh. 

today's favorite word seems to be "game changer". they can't seem to get enough of it! every single item of clothing is a game changer. lucky us huh!?

Honored Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

I cringe whenever I hear anyone use the word "yummy" who is older than 3 years of age.  And when uttered by a middle-aged woman?  UGH!!!!!!!

Oh, no!  I love "yummy."  Do you think it's OK for a woman in her 60s?  Woman Wink

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I have three very different expressions that just make me cringe.

1.   Little Black Dress... I'm sick of the Nutri-System commercial with Marie Osmond spouting that expression.

2.  Senior Moment... When I hear someone older say that about themselves it just makes me feel sad.   You can be a twenty- something and just forget something momentarily. I don't like to hear people put themselves down.

3.  The word "Anywhoo".  This is commonly used by young people in many of the forums that I visit.   Everytime I see someone post that word I just want to scream it's "Anyhow or Anyway.    "Anywhoo" is not a word.