Respected Contributor

Re: "ALEXA" Must read hysterical!

I would not feel comfortable with Alexa in my house. That is a funny thing that happened to you but at the time I am sure you were panicking when it happened. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have to add a funny story about my granddaughter and "Alexa", well it wasn't funny at the time.  Lindsay was with me on the first floor of the house where "Alexa" is and I asked it turn on the kitchen lights.  I told Lindsay to have the dining room lights turned on which she did.  All was fine until my smart mouthed Lindsay decided to think she was funny and walked to the speaker and loudly said, "Alexa ---- you", much to my shock and disapproval.  Well, the next thing I hear is "Alexa" saying, "That wasn't nice to say."  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry and all I could do was tell Lindsay that maybe "Alexa" is programmed and will tell what she said.

When the wonderful people we are staying with came home from work I told them the story and they cracked up laughing and said yes, it is programmed and could repeat it.  Those of you who have "Alexa" are used to what it can do but I am amazed at the things it does.  Anyway I just wanted to share this story and I can only hope my Lindsay who is way to smart for her own good will refrain from saying things she shouldn't say.  She will be fourteen April 12, not an easy age for parents and grandparents.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Oh great. I just hooked up a Dot yesterday. So far, I only ask for the weather and ask her for Limmericks. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

A few weeks ago while watching the news they presented a story about a young girl in Atlanta I think. Anyway, she se's her parents speaking to it so I guess she thought that it was magical. She ordered herself a huge and I do mean huge doll house and a large tin of cookies. Parents did not know until it showed up on the front porch.

The news caster did mention that there was some sort of safety feature that you could use so that Items could not be ordered without entering a pin I believe.

It was quite funny.