Honored Contributor

When customers say that they are never shopping again for various reasons I don't think the Q really cares. Maybe if a couple million shoppers would never buy again now that makes a diff. DH always says vote w/your wallet.

Honored Contributor

It's hard to say.  I've seen threads where people say I'm not buying again, but next month they talk about something they bought.  Shoppers come and go for all kinds of reasons.  If sales are up, somebody is buying.  To make a noticeable difference in the bottom line, there has to be a major shift from buyer to non buyer.  Twelve people on the board aren't going to do it.

Respected Contributor

I agree with you, it would take the loss of millions of shoppers for Qvc to feel the loss.  So, all those silly  posters who post their "I'm not buying..." rants here on the board aren't hurting Qvc.  Even if they influence a 100 or 1000 other people to join them, it has no effect.   I think they do it to make themselves feel good.  And I relate to that, I just can'f see myself ever wasting my time posting a "I'm never buying..."  message.  I had an unfortunate experience with Snbc, Evine now, several years ago and I stopped shopping with them.  I told hubby and a friend or two but my boycott was personal, I wasn't going around looking for a posse....lol

Esteemed Contributor

If I were QVC I'd be worried less about the customer who stops shopping entirely as a new shopper will replace them, and more about dedicated shoppers who buy fewer and fewer items, with more time between purchases. 

You need repeat buying from a core of customers to keep a predictable revenue stream and new customers are expensive to find and service. 

Lately I've seen more and more posts by customers who have shopped here for years who say they can count on one hand the number of purchases in the last six months. (I'm one of them.)

That is a bad sign for a retailer...

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I don't believe them 100%.  Some will keep right on buying, some won't.

Further, I have no idea how we figure out whether QVC or any other company cares.  No company is going to make every customer perfectly happy, but often when I see one of those rants, I see someone who "misbehaved" and now thinks the company should rescue them.

For example, yesterday someone was ranting about how the Q card works when you go over your limit.  Of course, it's the same for pretty much every card AND the user could have known that had she only read the info that comes with the card.  I know that poster felt QVC had done her wrong, but I just don't see  the company was responsible.  Same with people who keep right on ordering and ordering when they've already found out they don't know how to find the right size --and then they're steamed to get the too many returns letter.  Any company is better off without that person.

By the way, when I cancelled my Amazon Prime, did Amazon care?  I doubt it, but even if they did, the only thing they could offer me would have been free Prime for life to get me back.  I'd already figured out that right now Amazon Prime was doing nothing for me but wasting motre than half of the cost.  Not their fault; consumers need to know their own habits.

Respected Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

If I were QVC I'd be worried less about the customer who stops shopping entirely as a new shopper will replace them, and more about dedicated shoppers who buy fewer and fewer items, with more time between purchases. 

You need repeat buying from a core of customers to keep a predictable revenue stream and new customers are expensive to find and service. 

Lately I've seen more and more posts by customers who have shopped here for years who say they can count on one hand the number of purchases in the last six months. (I'm one of them.)

That's because you only read about the handful of dissatisfied customers or those who can't afford to shop as much as they once did or those who are 0lder and don't need as much or don't like shopping.  You don't hear from the sboppers who are are buying 5 things week or those who love the QVC experience.  The fact of the matter is that the people who yell the most about how awful Qvc is now haven't buying much for years anyway.  

Esteemed Contributor

If some company makes an error and I am unhappy...as long as they make it right....I continue to purchase.

There ARE a few  places that I felt I was given a raw deal and they basically shrugged their shoulders...so I DO NOT return.

We made reservations and the hostess 'forgot' to write it down....she admitted it.... manager said sorry...you have to wait for a table the 1/2 hr because others were waiting......we walked out and never will go back...

Honored Contributor

Years ago, I used to take advantage of just about every TSV that came along.... with exceptions of course.   But I don't do that anymore because the reduction is nothing to stand up and cheer about.  If the TSV was half off the normal Q price I can get excited about it because it truly is a "Sale" price.  But $10 -$12 off a C Note?  I now figure I can get it later and I'll just spend the extra when (and if) I buy it.... and am spending far less as the result.  Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

That's because you only read about the handful of dissatisfied customers or those who can't afford to shop as much as they once did or those who are 0lder and don't need as much or don't like shopping.  You don't hear from the sboppers who are are buying 5 things week or those who love the QVC experience.  The fact of the matter is that the people who yell the most about how awful Qvc is now haven't buying much for years anyway.  

No, the fact of the matter is your comments are purely supposition and not fact, at all.  

Honored Contributor

I rarely (if ever) believe those who claim they'll never buy from the Q again.  I've typically assume that it's said in "the heat of the moment".