Trusted Contributor

invoice showing

[ Edited ]

I received an order today and the invoice was showing on the outside of the box with all my info.  Name , credit card used, last 4 digits of customer number, cost, etc.  It was sealed under clear plastic and that is it!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Very Upset due to invoice showing on outside of box

In the 20+ years that I've shopped here, my invoices are always in a brown envelope secured to the box, never just the invoice with any personal info showing.

Maybe it was just an accident?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Mine have always been in an envelope before too.  It may have been a mistake but upset anyway because it is just scary in this day and age of identity fraud. 

Honored Contributor

@equss I have been with QVC for 20+ years and this has never happened to me.  It must be a rare occurrence in the automated line.  What did CS suggest?  I'm sorry this happened to you.

Honored Contributor

sometimes when it comes directly from a vendor the receipt is attached to the outside of the box, sometimes just in plastic, sometimes in an envelope with a clear front that attached to the box.

i looked at my invoice and it doesnt have any card number except for saying, for example, mastercard. it does have the last four digits of your membership id number, and it does have an order number.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

CS agreed it shouldn't be showing and said they'd pass it along. Darn,  I  wanted the items that I cancelled but oh well.   I've had  other problems latey (defective/low quality  items), so guess its a good thing and lets me know I need to stick with tried and true stores.  Thanks for the responses and allowing me to vent  Have a great day!!

Respected Contributor

I Would be upset too! I hope this isn't some new policy....

sorry this his happened to you

Honored Contributor

I have received packages from QVC, HSN and Evine that have come with the invoices covered in clear plastic and attached to the outside of the box.  However, they have always been folded inward so what shows through the clear plastic is blank.     

Respected Contributor

This has happened to me before and with other companies, too.  Kohls does this. 

Respected Contributor

@Q2girl wrote:

This has happened to me before and with other companies, too.  Kohls does this. 

Now that I think about it, it's happened to me too with other retailers.  I don't remember it ever happening with QVC.  I guess I never thought much of it, but I would prefer all that info not to show.  I'm not worried about anyone being able to do much with it.  I appreciate that retailers stopped showing complete info on receipts.  Even when shopping at storefronts, it's common for me to find receipts people lost control of.  Some with their name and address on it.  I'm always careful to tear it up and throw it away.  I would want someone to do that for me.