Not applicable

did qvc part ways with b. makowsky?

What j'apprend to bruce
Honored Contributor

Re: did qvc part ways with b. makowsky?

He sold the company to a Chinese company. The Q may have parted company with them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If he's truly gone, it's fine with me.

Super Contributor

ditto !!!!

So wouldn't it be nice it they would just have one massive sale and clear out all of his merchandise, instead of every now and then slipping in some of his bags into a show still at regular prices? (Which to me have always been too expensive anyway ?) why not just give us a treat and move them on out at least on some good Easy Pays or something?

Honored Contributor

My guess is that after he and his wife sold their companies, part of the sale included them remaining for a time, since he clearly did, and possibly that time is up. It could also be that he simply chose to invest more time in other ventures... Who knows. Either way, I don't particularly miss him.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I read numerous complaints about the leather bleeding and poor quality and many customers contacted both QVC and complained they tried to contact the Chinese Corporation without success......so good riddance to bad garbage as the saying goes......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

His bags were once top notch quality

Now- the quality is terrible & I stopped buying

GG

Valued Contributor

Bruce announced during his last appearance that he was "branching out" into electronic accessory pieces for Kindles, I-Pads, etc.

I own 4 of his leather handbags ... nothing purchased within the last 2 years since his later designs were not unique. Kathy's ornate hardware non-leather bags did not appeal to me. But I wish them all of best in their lovely mansion!

Esteemed Contributor

His wife is now on ShopHQ, not her but her handbags. As for Bruce & Kathy, they know when to hold them; they know when to fold them.

Respected Contributor

There are a lot of his bags at the QVC outlet in our town. The Dooney bags are kept in a locked glass cabinet, but the BMak bags are just hanging out on racks.