Honored Contributor

Re: You are staying too long on one item

@stevieb wrote:

@keithsmom65 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@steiny3844 wrote:
I tried to give you a heart stevieb but wasn't able to. Who knows why. I have given them many times. Anyway, I agree!

No problem @steiny3844... These boards are often wonky... Sort of like the programming...

Woman Surprised  

Who knows, maybe they've turned off my capacity to receive hearts. I suspect they don't much like me up in Q-land...

Woman Wink

I have to agree with this poster.Most all product shows are too long and boring for me.

For instance, take Philosophy. If it is a new product, or a formula for use in order, I might could see it.

But these constant, weekly long shows touting the same products, i.e., the "suds in the bowl" presentation,  are incredible lengthy and I feel unnecessary. The same points could be made in a better and shorter time frame.

Is QVC just filling air time due to lack of variety in products?

So now they have just added THREE more new show hosts to sell the same old products in the same way.

Is this just to entertain us in three more various ways and personalities?

Oh, the rub-a-dub-dub bubbles in the clear glass bowl... Philosopy presentation... yet again... What a snoozer that one is...

If the new hosts are there to try to mix it up personality wise, it's not going to work with me. Unless the product mix changes, I'll continue not watching. 

Maybe I'm the exception but it's NOT the personality of the hosts that drive me to watch, it's the PRODUCTS.  As a matter of fact, the personalities of the hosts have actually driven me away more than once.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@steiny3844 wrote:
I tried to give you a heart stevieb but wasn't able to. Who knows why. I have given them many times. Anyway, I agree!

No problem @steiny3844... These boards are often wonky... Sort of like the programming...

Woman Surprised  

Who knows, maybe they've turned off my capacity to receive hearts. I suspect they don't much like me up in Q-land...

Woman Wink

I beg to differ with you, @stevieb. You've been awarded the title of "Honored Contributor," so they MUST like you!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ltllamb wrote:

QVC program directors, please you are killing me!  You are staying on 1 item longer and longer this season.  Not once while shopping have I ever (even when buying a big ticket item like a TV) spent 30 minutes looking at one single item. It is boring me to tears.   I can deal with 10 minutes describing features of an article of clothing. Maybe 15 minutes on an electronic item... but seriously, I doubt I'm the only one that thinks any longer than that is just too long.
Again with a TSV I understand that you may visit that item several times in a day and that is not what I'm talking about... 30 minutes describing anything (especially today's sweater, or a Susan Graver top or... ANYTHING) is just to too much.

@Ltllamb  And not only that....they bring it back for an ENCORE presentation....3/4 of a show is for this one item....and THEN the next program is the SAME item with an entire show----so its like the entire day is focused on this ONE item (talk about your infommercial)----ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ BORRING---I won't waste my time and QVC's loses a viewer (and potential buyer) with decisions like this!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb well I will say I like you just fine Stevie, Qland exists in an alternate reality as far as I can see.

Respected Contributor

I agree- MUCH too long on 1 item. Think of the poor hosts having to drag out the time on (for instance)- a knife. My goodness how long can you talk about a knife.

Knife-"it's black & it cuts!" .........(&  you are done).

QVC has lost me as a viewer, for the most part. I only occassionally will watch an entire hr. show. All depending on the product, & MOST of all, the host. There are just so many hosts I simply will NOT watch anymore. 

Respected Contributor

That's one reason why I hardly watch or shop there anymore.

Respected Contributor

Why would someone go back and bring forward such an old post??  And, why would you complain about this?  If you are using a shopping channel as entertainment, you don't get it.  These channels are trying to catch the majority who tune in and out.  It's always been that way. 

Respected Contributor

@Ltllamb wrote:

QVC program directors, please you are killing me!  You are staying on 1 item longer and longer this season.  Not once while shopping have I ever (even when buying a big ticket item like a TV) spent 30 minutes looking at one single item. It is boring me to tears.   I can deal with 10 minutes describing features of an article of clothing. Maybe 15 minutes on an electronic item... but seriously, I doubt I'm the only one that thinks any longer than that is just too long.
Again with a TSV I understand that you may visit that item several times in a day and that is not what I'm talking about... 30 minutes describing anything (especially today's sweater, or a Susan Graver top or... ANYTHING) is just to too much.

As a long time watcher of Q, I remember programs called QUICK TAKES. They spent minimal time on items-mostly jewelry or clothing. 

I think it is ok to present items longer IF it is necessary to demo such as a camera or vitamix but really a mattress for an hour.

Contributor

I agree with you!! I get so tired of hearing the same thing over and over.