Honored Contributor

Re: Why doesn't QVC just delete all those nuisance posts from that nuisance person?

I thought they did delete his/her posts. Those posts may show as being the last on a thread but if you click on them, there's nothing there.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Re: Why doesn't QVC just delete all those nuisance posts from that nuisance person?

On 4/25/2014 SUHSE39 said:

Once again, there's a poster on the forums, that, I think could actually be a little scary.

I'm not going to mention her nic, but, I'm sure a lot of people have seen her posts.

She seems to have some kind of negative obsession with Amy, particularly the subject of her pregnancy. Her posts became increasingly uglier and weirder, to the point she sounded mentally unwell.

I cannot imagine anyone becoming so bothered by a stranger on TV, selling stuff. It's not like any Host has any impact on our lives. Anytime anyone becomes obsessed with how much they dislike a stranger on TV, I think it's a safe bet the problem may not be with the person on TV!

Years ago, when I first tried the forums, there was a poster who came across the same way, only her object of hatred, was Patti Reilly. It really creeped me out.

I think it's totally wrong for those kind of posts to be left up, and surely there is some way to look at the poster.

Maybe this poster is not a female, either way it is scary. You would think with all the technology that is out there now there would be a way to stop this poster or at least take down these posts. I have not seen any of these posts as of yet [I am new to these forums] But, I read some where that a poster can change their nickname and come on again! Whew scary and crazy folks out there!

Honored Contributor

I don't consider it a big deal. Don't read posts by that person.

Personally, I haven't even seen one of that person's posts, let alone read one. It's been easy to avoid them.

Also...why should Q have to babysit the forums? They have systems that monitor words used and certain topics. They shouldn't have to do more unless there is a threat.

Honored Contributor

On 4/26/2014 CalmInTheHeart said:

I don't consider it a big deal. Don't read posts by that person.

Personally, I haven't even seen one of that person's posts, let alone read one. It's been easy to avoid them.

Also...why should Q have to babysit the forums? They have systems that monitor words used and certain topics. They shouldn't have to do more unless there is a threat.

That scary poster that SUSHEE was talking about aside, I believe that the poster that the OP is referring to is the one who every few weeks decides to stay up all night and revive very old threads.

It is very much a nuisance for those of us enjoy certain forums in particular and who log in to read the threads beginning with the most recent. When this person last attacked, I had to wade through a good four pages (and I have mine set for the maximum number posts per page) just to get past the old kwap.

Is this earth-shattering? Of course not. I make sure not to post on any of those threads, but I do find it very annoying, and I'm sure that's why the idiot does it.

As for the poster obsessed with Amy, among other things, she's just a run-of-the-mill crank who has found the perfect place to be able to rage anonymously. She's easier to ignore.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

at times I'm a late night poster---when these trolls appear, I quit---nothing but. really old posts
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately their will always be trolls. I find it to be entertaining to read the ranting knowing that many of these people live to incite anger and controversy. If they get to abusive they should be removed otherwise let them rant and rave, maybe it is stopping them from abusing their spouse or a child by venting their anger here.

There are people in this world that find bad in everything and never look on the bright side.

I always say, "You can choose to be miserable or you can choose to be happy" I choose HAPPY!

Don't worry, be Happy!