Trusted Contributor

Why I am leaving these boards. My last post.

[ Edited ]

I have been called a stalker, someone with psychological problems and even people tell me my posts weren't manly enough (so I must be a woman)!  Well I have had enough and  am reminded of an idea from the Bible about casting pearls before the swine.  Well I have had enough of the swinish elements that have been hurled against me. Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why I am leaving these boards. My last post.

@JasoninBoston. I'm so very sorry that you feel bad. Personally, I never give a thought to whether a particular nic is a man or a woman. Does it matter? Not to me. I, for one, have enjoyed your posts, as I'm sure many others have. Ignore the naysayers. I do. <3

Spoiler

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

@JasoninBoston I hope you do not leave Jason. I kinda knew you were not a "gal" but I didnt care bout that either. Nothing makes my brain flow more then intelligent discourse and you are very respectful in your posts, even if vehemently opposing in views. (even with me) I dont know anything about Bible quotes as is not my book of "truths" but I think you would be letting others "win" if that is the right word if you left. I do love reading your positivity and in a strange sort of way...."I DO LIKE YOU"ALOT even for your respectful responses if that means anything at all. Hugs to you and i hope you reconsider........fondly, Stormy (oh and hugs)

Honored Contributor

We don't usually post on the same topics, @JasoninBoston, but I like your posts that I've read.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

PS Jason.....you are only one of a handful of people on here who I can disagree with but you NEVER become disagreeable. Does that make sense I hope? Anyway in doing that you have made me smile ...ALOT. As a gravely ill person who will never get any better that means ALOT to me. .....with respect..........Stormy

Esteemed Contributor

@JasoninBoston, I really hope you don't leave these boards.  You're posts are always kind and interesting.  There have always been some "miserables" here,but the good always outweighs the bad.  You're the kind of poster we need here,man or woman,no matter.  Don't let "them" chase you away.  I wish QVC would BRING BACK THE IGNORE FEATURE.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston

Don't leave, just give yourself a break from the boards for a bit.  Sometimes things have a way of working themselves out so that it is forgotten with time.  

I do know what you are saying however.  Sometimes, people can take posts the wrong way and instead of passing up on a reply, they post words that very well may be interpreted in the wrong way.  

I learn a lot of super useful information from these boards, but don't post a lot.

Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston I don't think you should go.  But maybe take a break and if you feel better not participating, then it's the best decision for you.  You should know that there are many that enjoy your comments, you would be missed, and most importantly it would give great pleasure to those that are cruel.  Don't ever let someone make you feel less and make you feel like you're not included as an important contributor. 

What if we all let them drive us out.  I would be your cheerful self and stick around.  On those days were it's too much and you feel less than happy with us, then take a break.  But don't stay away... please.

Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston

We never posted with one another, but I have read your postings and I find them to be very interesting and inspiring.  I understand how you feel and why.  I hate to see anyone feel they need to leave because of the caustic attitudes and posting behavior of particular posters.  But I thoroughly understand anyone's decision not to remain in a situation/place which causes them discomfort.  I will not encourage you to stay and "develop a thicker skin", why should you.  I wish you my best.

Trusted Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

@JasoninBoston I hope you do not leave Jason. I kinda knew you were not a "gal" but I didnt care bout that either. Nothing makes my brain flow more then intelligent discourse and you are very respectful in your posts, even if vehemently opposing in views. (even with me) I dont know anything about Bible quotes as is not my book of "truths" but I think you would be letting others "win" if that is the right word if you left. I do love reading your positivity and in a strange sort of way...."I DO LIKE YOU"ALOT even for your respectful responses if that means anything at all. Hugs to you and i hope you reconsider........fondly, Stormy (oh and hugs)

Hugs to you, Stormygirl!!

F/N/A luvstogarden