Respected Contributor

Who is closing down the Q this Christmas ?

It was always a tradition for Steve Bryant to be the last host to appear on air.  Steve would read a Christmas Carol and bring his dog on the set.  Sadly in recent years they have employed hard sale techniques right up to the end.  I would love to see the hosts gather and sing a Christmas carol before they go to taped programming.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who is closing down the Q this Christmas ?

The last Christmas Eve "signoff" I remember was with Lisa Mason and her husband, Gino.  Memorable!

Super Contributor

I heard Jen Coffey say that she would closing on Christmas Eve and the last one out the door.

Honored Contributor

I remember Kathy Levine reading " A cup of Christmas Tea ," and she brought her dog her dog Chelsea. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Reever   Yeah right!  

Do you really think the hosts would want to spend Christmas Eve hanging around QVC to sing a Christmas carol to the viewers?

I would imagine the majority of viewers have family and friends that they would want to spend Christmas Eve with rather than watch QVC. Some go to church as well.

If you are alone, there are many wonderful movies to watch.  I doubt many people actually shop on Christmas Eve on QVC, but since QVC is an online retailer, they do the same as every other retailer....they are open for business and are looking to make sales.

It would be nice if QVC shut down early to give it's employees a night off on Christmas Eve.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1,

What a happy memory! I have the book, teacup and saucer and teapot and it was so nice of you to post, thanks, and,

animated-christmas-glitter-image-0007

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I remember Kathy Levine reading " A cup of Christmas Tea ," and she brought her dog her dog Chelsea. 

@QVCkitty1    I remember Kathy being there more often than any other host.  They always pick the single people. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

It ought to be Elise Ivy.  She can sign-off simultaneously for Christmas and from QVC..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Reever   Yeah right!  

Do you really think the hosts would want to spend Christmas Eve hanging around QVC to sing a Christmas carol to the viewers?

I would imagine the majority of viewers have family and friends that they would want to spend Christmas Eve with rather than watch QVC. Some go to church as well.

If you are alone, there are many wonderful movies to watch.  I doubt many people actually shop on Christmas Eve on QVC, but since QVC is an online retailer, they do the same as every other retailer....they are open for business and are looking to make sales.

It would be nice if QVC shut down early to give it's employees a night off on Christmas Eve.

@Carmie   QVC as long as I can remember going back to the early 90's goes off the air at 4:00pm on Christmas Eve and return live on 12-26 at 8:00am.  They used to run taped videos of hosts with their families and some of the hosts singing.  None of the hosts were spending Christmas Eve on the air with QVC. Everything was taped. I dont know what they do now maybe air reruns. 

Honored Contributor

QVC's LIVE programming ends at 4pm on Christmas Eve.  Jennifer Coffey will have that last show before Christmas with her Perfect Accessory show, 3pm-4pm.

In recent years, that's been it -- regular shows up to 4pm.  I'd be very surprised if they change that now.