Trusted Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Shawn Killinger - QVC Moment?

I know that I was watching Albany last week and she said she had the next day off. She was in the next day and said she was called in to cover a shift and it was SK's shift. I think it was even SSA which is HER namesake show.

We do this to kids when they fight in school, but they only get ten days out!

Esteemed Contributor

I think the look on her face when Isaac first started calling her SWANEE SUE. It was priceless.

Respected Contributor

On 8/4/2014 Matty6 said:

I think the look on her face when Isaac first started calling her SWANEE SUE. It was priceless.

I thought it was Shawnee Sue....I got poofed for calling her that.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Clearly something is going on in either her personal or professional life. Is it our business? Probably not. However, she needs to stop with the cryptic messages if she wants the speculation to stop.
New Contributor

ITA. The cryptic messages both encourage all of this speculation and provide her the attention she loves.

Trusted Contributor

Some think it was a joke and some don't. So? No matter to me.

Just tell me why she is off of SMQ with (to this moment) zero explanation.

You can't, can you?

If it was her idea to cut back, she would have definitely over-shared that and we would be reading the responses telling her to enjoy her time off.

If you are a seasoned watcher, you know how things work. If not a word is said by anyone, there is something to keep quiet. If a host mentions something, there is no problem and nothing to hide.

QVC is not in the business of making up cover stories. They just do not talk about something if there is something "to it". No conspiracy theory, etc. Just a look back at history.

Esteemed Contributor

This started out as a thread about favorite moments with Shawn....and has turned into a major kerfuffle about nothing.

Maybe she's been on vacation, or maybe she had a medical issue that needed taking care of, or maybe she had a death or illness in the family, or...or...or...there are so many "normal" every day reasons why she could be out for a couple of weeks. Maybe we should call CNN and have it put in the headlines "The Mysterious Disappearance of Shawn".....and someone would launch an investigation.

I just can't understand the big deal about it...it's not like she's your sister, or daughter, or close friend. So many people on here talk about why on earth would anyone care about the hosts' personal lives, they're not our friends, etc. etc. etc. What business is it of ours and who cares anyway if we're not supposed to care about the hosts??? {#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

What a downer! BUT I respect the right to the opinion.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

Personally, I think she's been sort of pushing the envelope for some time. Could be, don't know if it is, that someone decided it was time for a little "time-out".

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Well said KittymomNC. Too many busybodies on here making mountains out of molehills.