Respected Contributor

Re: What's Your Favorite Shawn Killinger - QVC Moment?

On 8/4/2014 Peppery said:

With all this speculation going around about Shawn's whereabouts and wondering what's wrong with her is ridiculous. What is so disappointing to me is Shawn isn't doing anything about it. The attention always on her about something. She brings attention on herself. Then she leaves her supporters and fans in the dark and guessing. She ranted on Facebook awhile ago. But, a lot us don't know what happened. She needs to keep her problems out of the public and get back to doing what she does best hosting at QVC or move on to other endeavors. There needs to be some closure on this topic. People watch her, support her and listen to her on TV, and then she disappears. Dave James did the decent thing by announcing on Facebook what his status was at QVC. Jill just announced today that she would be on vacation and will return to QVC on August 20.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 golfcartrider said:

Who on here has not watched a soap opera or a TV program or listened to a musical group or person and NOT been involved in their lives. Who they are married to, how many children, are they alcoholics, druggies, have they had a facelift or botox, have they lost or gained weight.

Get my drift people? Curiosity, it is everywhere and I bet not one of you can say you have not read a magazine about a celebrity. It Is called being in the LIMELIGHT!

I don't consider shopping channel Host celebrities. They are people working to make a living selling merchandise to people like us. When I shop QVC, I most always shop online so I don't know the Hosts as well as a lot of posters. I do watch some of the Christmas shows that offer décor. I love to read the forums and all the different opinions and I also get some good info on here.

Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 HinduCheftistLady said:

High above the mucky muck.

Trusted Contributor

"Hostess loses it while broadcasting", " attacks coworker on air", "hostess is no longer on air"
Respected Contributor

On 8/4/2014 lucymo said:

Who on here has not watched a soap opera or a TV program or listened to a musical group or person and NOT been involved in their lives. Who they are married to, how many children, are they alcoholics, druggies, have they had a facelift or botox, have they lost or gained weight.

Get my drift people? Curiosity, it is everywhere and I bet not one of you can say you have not read a magazine about a celebrity. It Is called being in the LIMELIGHT!

I don't consider shopping channel Host celebrities. They are people working to make a living selling merchandise to people like us. When I shop QVC, I most always shop online so I don't know the Hosts as well as a lot of posters. I do watch some of the Christmas shows that offer décor. I love to read the forums and all the different opinions and I also get some good info on here.

They ARE in the public eye and tell the people that worship them on facebook that they are not celebrities. LOL

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 lucymo said:

They ARE in the public eye and tell the people that worship them on facebook that they are not celebrities. LOL

That's funny. I think you're right about some people worshipping some of them. Oh, well, whatever. Hope you have a great evening.

Respected Contributor

On 8/4/2014 lucymo said:
On 8/4/2014 lucymo said:

That's funny. I think you're right about some people worshipping some of them. Oh, well, whatever. Hope you have a great evening.

When you live at the beach all evenings are great! Thanks you too!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

I agree. Do I think a QVC host has celebrity status? No. But they are in the public eye which makes people curious when out of the ordinary "stuff" happens.

I don't find that curiosity any different than watching any of the "Housewives" shows, Keeping Up With the Kardashians or any of the numerous and borderline ridiculous reality shows.

Respected Contributor

On 8/5/2014 magicmoodz said:

I agree. Do I think a QVC host has celebrity status? No. But they are in the public eye which makes people curious when out of the ordinary "stuff" happens.

I don't find that curiosity any different than watching any of the "Housewives" shows, Keeping Up With the Kardashians or any of the numerous and borderline ridiculous reality shows.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

So....we're now comparing PART TIME HOME SHOPPING HOSTS to actors, musicians (truly famous people), to justify some of our obsession (yes obsession) with their comings and goings, their health, their marital problems, etc.? {#emotions_dlg.blink}