Esteemed Contributor

Warehouse Fire Investigation Update

[ Edited ]

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives announced a reward of up to $10,000 for information. QVC is matching the funds, bringing the possible reward to $20,000.

The fire broke out at the 1.5-million square foot building early in the morning on December 18 and killed 21-year-old Kevon Ricks.

Officials say they have not received any conclusions yet about the cause and whether it was arson.

“We’re looking to the former employees, along with their friends, families, and neighbors, to provide any details that could be relevant to the investigation. Should that information point to criminal activity, the individual who provided that assistance could receive a very substantial reward if an arrest and conviction occurs.”

ATF Special Agent in Charge Vince Pallozzi

“This fire has caused significant impact to the community. If anyone has information, whether big or small, please relinquish it to authorities so we can bring closure to the family of Mr. Kevon Ricks and the others affected,” Edgecombe County Sheriff Clee Atkinson said.

(Appears to me that they have reason to believe that arson was involved.)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Warehouse Fire Investigation Update

It sure sounds like that to me too @Johnnyeager 

Honored Contributor

Wow - I didn't think it would lead in the arson direction.  How absolutely terrible.  Thanks for the update @Johnnyeager .

Honored Contributor

The offer of a reward seems somewhat premature when the cause of the fire has not yet been determined. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  It's not unusual or premature for a reward to be offered after 45 days of a fire investigation begins. If the FD, ATF can not reach a conclusion they more often than not, seek assistance from others. I'm surprised they waited this long.