Super Contributor
Uggh. I had three QVC returns and took them all to the post office a couple of weeks ago. Two of the three have been refunded and so i looked at the picture of the return label that i took before mailing for the third package, and it is a UPS label. Since when does QVC send out UPS return labels? And why are some labels USPS and some UPS? I don’t know what the post office did with it. The tracking number is not on UPS’s website. Any suggestions? I guess I will go by the post office on Friday.
Honored Contributor

@GoodyShoes wrote:
Uggh. I had three QVC returns and took them all to the post office a couple of weeks ago. Two of the three have been refunded and so i looked at the picture of the return label that i took before mailing for the third package, and it is a UPS label. Since when does QVC send out UPS return labels? And why are some labels USPS and some UPS? I don’t know what the post office did with it. The tracking number is not on UPS’s website. Any suggestions? I guess I will go by the post office on Friday.

Did you try searching the tracking on USPS site?

Honored Contributor

@GoodyShoes. It seems that all the return labels I'VE seen can be used at either usps or UPS. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@GoodyShoes. It seems that all the return labels I'VE seen can be used at either usps or UPS. 

But the PO won't scan it as UPS.

Super Contributor

@GoodyShoes I can answer this because it almost happened to me a couple of weeks ago! I brought my return box into the post office to get a receipt from them for the return. The guy glanced and said this is a UPS label, just like that, not blinking an eye lol. I looked and sure enough - UPS! I said I always take pictures of the return label before putting it into their night drop box but have never seen a UPS-only return label. I said now I'm wondering had I dropped off the UPS box at the USPS night box what would happen... he said people do that all the time due to the close connection USPS now has with UPS and all the smart and sure post labels being combined. He said it would simply be picked up by UPS when they made their dropoffs of those sure post items, and sent out just as though I had dropped it off at their drop box. He said it would take a bit longer because of the additional step of waiting for UPS to pick it up at the post office, but it would get there. Phew. Now I always double check lol.  

Super Contributor
This label was different. The other two did say “UPS mail innovations” but the tracking code was a USPS tracking code. The one that disappeared had a UPS tracking code. It was a Dennis Basso item, so it’s not like it shipped directly from the vendor like some brands of shoes do.
Super Contributor
@OneHappyHiker. Thanks for the info. I guess I will email the easy returns address so that the 30 day window won’t close. I will also try to go by that post office just in case.
Super Contributor

Re: UPS Return label

[ Edited ]

@OneHappyHiker. Thanks for the info. I guess I will email the easy returns address so that the 30 day window won’t close. I will also try to go by that post office just in case.

@GoodyShoes 

I agree with you as I would do the same thing by calling the post office or stopping by if I had the chance. Two things I would like to add:

1 - My label was also only UPS. No mail innovations, nothing added like that. Only UPS. The PO guy was super nice and said not to give it another thought had I done that before because, like he said, these labels are getting more confusing by the day so they get UPS labels there all the time. The beauty is UPS goes to the USPS regularly now because of the combined (confusing) labels. Must make them all a bit crazy if you ask me.

2 - Second thing I would suggest is call CS and get it on your record. It has been my experience they take pretty good care to record the info we give them into our account, so at least you have given them a timeframe of what you did. It's always good to let them know it should be expected but might be delayed.

Oh - funny thing - mine was also a DB exchange lol. Funny coincidence!

Esteemed Contributor

When you print your return label from QVC.com you are given a choice of printing a UPS or USPS label.  

Contributor

Re: UPS Return label

[ Edited ]

I either get UPS or USPS. UPS can take USPS labels/packages and will give the package to USPS when they come to the store later in the day. However, if you give the USPS the box and it was supposed to go through UPS, I don't know if the postal office would transfer the package to UPS. 

Agree with contacting the USPS to see where your package is. Did you just drop it in a USPS bin/box? I always take mine to the front desk and get a receipt, because that is how they are able to accept it through scanning the label. 

Good luck!