Respected Contributor

Re: Too many 1 item, 1 hour shows

@blueLagoon ...LOL!

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@KYToby wrote:

You do relize that you are not required, in any way, to sit and watch an hourlong presentation, don't you?

QVC is in millions of homes, and people are constantly tuning in throughout the country at various times of day.  In order to maximize sales of items on which QVC is making significant profits, they must shows these items repeatedly and for extended periods of times (just as other shopping networks do).

QVC does not program its shows for individual shoppers.  The schedules revolve around business needs -- not our entertainment.  Despite what some posters here think, QVC is in business to make money -- not alleviate our boredom.

I do and I don't.  Enjoy your evening.  Smiley Happy

@KentuckyWoman...  I think we all do, and I think Toby knows it... He just can't seem to resist...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Sorry, but there are many of us who flip channels, so we don't see an entire hour of a product.  I have no problem with the format.  I start with the guide, and if the title of the presentation isn't something I'm interested in, I don't even go to the channel.  Works for me! 

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

Sorry, but there are many of us who flip channels, so we don't see an entire hour of a product.  I have no problem with the format.  I start with the guide, and if the title of the presentation isn't something I'm interested in, I don't even go to the channel.  Works for me! 

And, of course, never tuning in because of endless repetition of the same handful of brands and incessant hour long programming for tablets and computers, coffee makers, pillows, mattresses, blenders and so on have become the norm, works for me too... I'm just not sure their corporate goal is for long time customers to never watch. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mona_L wrote:

dance party animated GIF

I get antsy when I see the

same item over-and-over again.

@Mona_L  LOL!!!! Love the kitty dancing--TOO FUNNY!!!  And hey it's a TUXEDO cat....afterall as a pet parent of 2 Tuxedos---I'm a bit biased too..... Cat WinkCat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KYToby wrote:

You do relize that you are not required, in any way, to sit and watch an hourlong presentation, don't you?

QVC is in millions of homes, and people are constantly tuning in throughout the country at various times of day.  In order to maximize sales of items on which QVC is making significant profits, they must shows these items repeatedly and for extended periods of times (just as other shopping networks do).

QVC does not program its shows for individual shoppers.  The schedules revolve around business needs -- not our entertainment.  Despite what some posters here think, QVC is in business to make money -- not alleviate our boredom.

Toby, Toby, Toby.......  QVC's CEO, Mike George, called QVC an "entertainment channel".....and certainly if you tune in for a Countdown to Christmas Show what you don't expect to see is an ENDLESS presentation of A PILLOW!!!!  Of course it is appro because it certainly puts you to SLEEP!!!!  And I see many folks agree with the OP  Now what's the old saying...."a little goes a long way" with these presentations....which would be much more effective, since customers are apt to change the channel and not return to back to QVC!!! so how are they going to make sales when the Q is driving customers away! Just a thought!  .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Yes I agree! 1 item for the hour is really a waste of time
Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:

15 minutes is enough to sell a pillow...today's programing is really awful. 

ONE minute is enough . . . especially THAT one!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

ONE minute is enough . . . especially THAT one!!

I have had neck issues all my life going through pillows like water, they initially feel good to me, and a relief at the start and then not.  So I rotate.  I thought this pillow was going to be a great pillow for me.... but unfortunately no.... same problems different day.

I don't believe in pillows that will actually help a pinched nerve for the long haul...... and believe me I've tried them all.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Autumn graphics

I agree, the one -hour ,one -product shows are disasterous!

However,  after all of these years, I hardly watch QVC anymore, especially for any length of time, and this is one of the many reasons. At times if I am on my computer I'll have it on for short periods to see what is up because I don't watch other TV shows then.

I prefer to see what programs will be on and select if I need to see any special products.

If you get addicted to watching, it can surely get on your last nerve!