Honored Contributor

This Was Such a Ridiculous Experience with a CS rep Today

[ Edited ]

I received an order for someone in Delaware.  I am in NY.  This is a first time for me.  So I called to let them know.  The first thing I say is "I received an order for someone that lives in Delaware, and I live in NY.  My name is "name" and my phone number is "phone" and the order number is "order #."  

I think I gave all the info she would need.  Was she not listening or paying attention????  I'd say NOT.  She proceeds to look up the order number and says "I'm so sorry but that item is no longer available in that color ... would you like the white???"  Uh, NO.  It so annoyed me.  So I repeat it all again, explaining that the order belonged to someone else in another state and not me.  She said "sorry ma'am but I said we only have it in white." 

OMG ... where was her head at?

Honored Contributor

Re: This Was Such a Ridiculous Experience with a CS rep Today

@rms1954   I'd just send it back using the pre-paid label and a brief note of explanation.  A phone call is not necessary.  No danger you'll be charged

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rms1954   I'd just send it back using the pre-paid label and a brief note of explanation.  A phone call is not necessary.  No danger you'll be charged

I know.  Just wanted to give them a heads-up so they could note their records.  Thought I was being helpful

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I received an order for someone in Delaware.  I am in NY.  This is a first time for me.  So I called to let them know.  The first thing I say is "I received an order for someone that lives in Delaware, and I live in NY.  My name is "name" and my phone number is "phone" and the order number is "order #."  

I think I gave all the info she would need.  Was she not listening or paying attention????  I'd say NOT.  She proceeds to look up the order number and says "I'm so sorry but that item is no longer available in that color ... would you like the white???"  Uh, NO.  It so annoyed me.  So I repeat it all again, explaining that the order belonged to someone else in another state and not me.  She said "sorry ma'am but I said we only have it in white." 

@rms1954 

WHAT!?  Her response doesn't even make sense, especially when she repeated it.  

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 

WHAT!?  Her response doesn't even make sense, especially when she repeated it.  

I know!  I can't imagine what made her so distracted.  Maybe I woke her from a nap.

Valued Contributor

Nobody is addressing the real problem here and that's the  of quality  help the Q employs. You get what you pay for. We have all experienced situations like this even as far as help not being able to make the correct change even when the amount they should give you back is right in front of them. I can't tell you the amount of times I have walked out of stores because of the incompetent help.

Honored Contributor

We used to say the punishment should fit the crime. Now we can add that a Rep's answer should fit the question.

Honored Contributor

In today's world, customer service should be as important as sales.   

Honored Contributor

I have had several such situations with CS and is one of the reasons my ordering has declined.

Also prices.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MrSour wrote:

Nobody is addressing the real problem here and that's the  of quality  help the Q employs. You get what you pay for. We have all experienced situations like this even as far as help not being able to make the correct change even when the amount they should give you back is right in front of them. I can't tell you the amount of times I have walked out of stores because of the incompetent help.

You try and get competent help!  LOL  NO ONE wants to work and when they do, they expect top dollar for entry level jobs.

Help wanted signs every where!  We can't fill our positions.  Some times no one even applies.  Why should they when you get a UE bonus to sit home and collect even though there is a worker shortage.

Do you think someone with a Master's Degree is going to apply to be a CS rep?  Yes, you do get what you pay for and CS positions are paid accordingly.

I'm not making excuses for the poor response she received.  SMH and I have had similar experiences.

The simple fact remains ALL companies are struggling to get anyone to work.