Respected Contributor

This Christmas push is just WRONG

In my never humble opinion.

I swear, the home page has been full of this stuff since June, ramped up obnoxiously in July, and will continue until they can no longer deliver the stuff by Christmas.

I know no one will listen to my opinion.  I just cannot watch it, do not watch it, and do not look at it.

I have heard all the reasons why it's done.  I know all they want is to make money, which is why they are in business.  I don't need to hear everyone's doing it.  I don't look anywhere online or in retail when it's nearly 100 degrees in July.

I wish I knew how they know how many people TURN THE CHANNEL OFF in July with this stuff.  I know they know what sells!

I just couldn't believe another TSV and home page full of it in July.  YUCK.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: This Christmas push is just WRONG

Why is it wrong?

Trusted Contributor

I agree with you - but it's all about sales.

Personally, I dont want to lose a minute of our beautiful Summer thinking about Christmas.  For me it's worth spending a little more in November.

For those that enjoy Christmas in July, have fun shopping.  I'll be floating in the pool with the kids.

Honored Contributor

For me it's too freaking hot to even think about Christmas !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Occasional Contributor

I love the Christmas season, my only child was born on Christmas day. What's not to love but QVC enough is enough. I know it's about sales. How about selling other items that would sell. HSN is not pushing as hard and they are currently celebrating their 39th birthday! 

As it is a free country I will not watch or buy any Christmas items this weekend

have a great weekend, make some great family memories!

Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I swear, the home page has been full of this stuff since June, ramped up obnoxiously in July, and will continue until they can no longer deliver the stuff by Christmas.

I know no one will listen to my opinion.  I just cannot watch it, do not watch it, and do not look at it.

I have heard all the reasons why it's done.  I know all they want is to make money, which is why they are in business.  I don't need to hear everyone's doing it.  I don't look anywhere online or in retail when it's nearly 100 degrees in July.

I wish I knew how they know how many people TURN THE CHANNEL OFF in July with this stuff.  I know they know what sells!

Hyacinth

You do realize that you described every possible reason why you shouldn't be complaining about this, but couldn't give one legitimate reason why you should? 

Esteemed Contributor

If you think about it.....they have other things non stop...like Nutrisystem and exercise stuff all Jan.....then we start with flowers and plants in February all month.....

Esteemed Contributor

I think Hyacinth is writing that she won't be conditioned to just Accept christmas in July.  Just because it's aired doesn't mean we have to watch or ever buy.  I find it ridiculous. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

You do realize that you described every possible reason why you shouldn't be complaining about this, but couldn't give one legitimate reason why you should? 

Why shouldn't OP complain?  Her thoughts are just as valid as yours. I thought OP's post was clear enough.   If you don't want to read complaints, avoid the Q Talk forum.

Respected Contributor

OMG - get over it already.