Esteemed Contributor

The QVC buys ZuLilly

[ Edited ]

Heard it on the news and newspaper. They said  want to cater to a younger audience

.  Another conquest for the Q / HSN  corp .......  All  owned by the same company the article said.

Respected Contributor

I saw that as well.  I have an account with them and actually bought some items last week for fall decorating for the first time in a couple of years.  Usually I don't shop with them because they have very long lead times for shipping AND most of the time, items cannot be returned.

Well Liberty can buy up whatever they like but they need to fix some of their inhouse issues with QVC, such as their sizing inconsistencies and poor quality, along with the very slow shipping (maybe they are taking a page out of zulilly's book).

Trusted Contributor

Zulily has the worst shipping.  It takes about 2 weeks or more for things to arrive.  I was hoping Zulily would fix that.  Also their returning policy is for the birds. 

Respected Contributor

@evelyner wrote:

Zulily has the worst shipping.  It takes about 2 weeks or more for things to arrive.  I was hoping Zulily would fix that.  Also their returning policy is for the birds. 

2 weeks I would happy and suprised if I recived something from Zulily in 2 weeks.

I placed 2 orders, before I knew about the shipping.  One item took 4 weeks the other took 6 weeks!!!

Between that and the return policy I never ordered again.

Honored Contributor

Alibaba is a big winner with deal

QVC and Zulily will operate as separate brands, the parent company said. But there are opportunities to leverage each other's strengths. For example, QVC offers global scale that Zulily could only dream of in the past.

Zulily will remain based in Seattle and led by Darrel Cavens, its current CEO.

One big winner in the QVC/Zulily deal is Alibaba (BABA, Tech30). The Chinese e-commerce giant is one of Zulily's largest investors and it acquired its stake back when the stock was changing hands at less than $14 a piece.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner take the $ and run!  good info, sooner, thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Browneyegirl, I was trying to be nice, you are correct.

Honored Contributor

We had two long threads on this topic a few days ago so it's not news at this point.

I'm a huge Zulily fan, and don't mind waiting for merchandise due to the discount.  I buy mostly shoes which are always in fresh-from-the-factory condition.  The way Zulily operates necessitates the wait since the items go from the manufacturer to Zulily to be shipped to the customer.

They changed their return policy a couple months ago and you can now return most things.  The item description will tell you if it can be returned.

Perhaps people should be sure they have their facts straight before posting.

@evelyner wrote:

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I guess this means that QVC knows that they can't grab a younger demographic to buy from QVC directly so they are piece-mealing their way to try and become an Amazon by acquiring Zulilly.

I wonder if QVC is still interested in buying The Shopping Channel in Canada? The demographics would be similar to QVC's.

Valued Contributor

Zulilly sells a lot of the brands that the Q does.  Off the top of my head, I've seen Ryka, KIND Bars, Born, the hair stylers, and others. They also have LOGO type clothes for maybe 1/4 of the ridiculous prices she sells her stuff for.  Shipping is Free if you use a Visa card and I don't mind waiting for the products.  I order assuming it will take a while to get, and I think it's still worth it!  If i want something right away, I'll order from Amazon or go buy it!