Respected Contributor

The unfortunate thing is that for many years, if QVC sold it, and QC approved it, you knew it was a great product.  Flush that down the toilet!!!!   That has not been the case for AT LEAST 10 years. Sad.

Honored Contributor

Not sure what you are saying but yes, I recently received a pair of Affinity diamond earrings, set in sterling silver-- fine jewelry-- thrown loose in a zip top baggie and yes, inserted into a "velvet" pouch and boxed but you have obviously not purchased fine or high end costume/fashion jewelry from a reputable store.    Even TJ Maxx packages their jewelry better than to throw it in a plastic baggie.    

Ask around for the QVC customers who received their fine jewelry necklaces, tossed in a baggie.    What a hot mess that was.   BTW, the earrings went back.

Not sure the point of your post.

@susan kay wrote:

Fiine jewelry thrown inside a baggy?????  I recently purchased 2 steel by design earrings as lunchtime specials.  The cost for each was about $9 or $10.  Each pair was put inside a small plastic "zipped" bag.  Each bag was then put inside a small velvet-type drawstring pouch, and that pouch was placed inside an individal box.

Trusted Contributor

Hi newlook456 - I agree about the quality of some products that have gone downhill.  Example:  I was a long time user of Tova Signature perfume but her perfumes, lotions, etc. are nothing like what they use to be.  Fragrance is totally different (and not for the best) and does not last.  I don't care what Tova says when she's on air, the essential oils are not the same or gone altogether.  The same thing with Philosophy fragrances, lotions and shower products.  Once Coty took over, everything changed.  The fragrance of their products is so faint and does not last at all.  I cancelled all my auto-deliveries long ago and will not buy again unless these companies return to their original formulas.  It seems to me that the only good reviews are from those newer customers who don't know how good the original products were.  These vendors keep telling us how great the current product is and we purchase again hoping they are telling us the truth, only to be disappointed over and over.  I feel it is an insult to us - do they think we are stupid?  Thanks for letting me vent - it felt good to get this off my chest!!!

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately, I think it's just a fact of life these days that so many products are "sub par."  LOL!  I sound like my mother!  Quality is almost non-existant everywhere, not just on the Q.  One thing that I do without reservation is returning products that are sub-par.  If something doesn't work or look the way it's supposed to, I return it.  If we keep accepting sub-par products and don't return them when they are poor quality, companies will continue to offer these products.  

Valued Contributor

@sueeich wrote:

Unfortunately, I think it's just a fact of life these days that so many products are "sub par."  LOL!  I sound like my mother!  Quality is almost non-existant everywhere, not just on the Q.  One thing that I do without reservation is returning products that are sub-par.  If something doesn't work or look the way it's supposed to, I return it.  If we keep accepting sub-par products and don't return them when they are poor quality, companies will continue to offer these products.  

Also, I meant to add that I feel like we live in the Land of Misfit Toys nowadays.  There was a Christmas special I used to watch as a kid (I think it's "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town.") that had an elf named Hermie (I think).  He decided to automate Santa's toy factory and ended up producing all these awful toys that broke as soon as a kid started playing with them.  All the subpar toys ended up on an island called the "Land of Misfit Toys."  I feel like we're living in that land on a daily basis!

Honored Contributor

Not understanding why QVC should be held to a higher standard than any other retailer, online or b&m.

One person's 'substandard' isn't another's.

No one person is going to be totally happy with everything they ever buy anywhere - including Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, QVC or K-Mart.

You take it/send it back and get a refund. You may get a "full" refund from the other places if you choose to drive there, but you are spending gas money and time to do it.

If you buy a second item that you also have issues with - you stop buying there. Why would you go for #3 at that point?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@sueeich

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

QVC spoiled me with vendors like the late Joan Rivers who demanded quality.    Her costume jewelry is better quality & shipped in better packaging than QVC's fine jewelry.   

Now you get fine jewelry thrown in a zip top baggie.   Joan would have NEVER allowed that.

Vote with your shopping dollars.

Sorry but even Joan's jewelry had issues. I have several of her pieces that had problems.  Two bracelets had issues. One snapped right in two where the links were joined, another one had the clasp snap,completely off.  One expensive pin was returned because the enameling was so sloppily done.  Another very expensive pin had the bar break right in two.  The bracelets were passed the return period, the pin with the sloppy enameling was returned immediately and I even brought the pin with the broken bar to a jeweler to see if it could be fixed by putting a new bar in.  It could not be fixed and the jeweler commented that in his opinion the heavy weight of the pin should have had a heavier quality bar used.

@newlook456 wrote:

What is the thinking behind QVC's offering of products that don't come up to standards.  I read comments on these forums of customers receiving really what could be called sub par products after viewing them on t.v.  Yet QVC offers them.  Do they see the flaws in these products?  Do they hope enough people will accept them with grace?  Even if they don't and return them does QVC still make a profit in shipping costs?  To me its like some game they play where they try to fool some of the people some of the time.

Honored Contributor

I would be very surprised if QVC did NOT make a profit on shipping costs.  The return postage is $6.95??  I've returned items for $2 or $3 and I don't ship that much and would assume the Q gets a big discount on their shipping.  Either they make a huge profit on s&h or their employees are very well paid.

Valued Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@sueeich

MacDuff,

Love it!