Valued Contributor

Spelling & Grammatical Errors

test

Trusted Contributor

Re: Spelling & Grammatical Errors

Spelling is correct.

Valued Contributor

I received an email from Customer Service today, that had one spelling error and two grammatical errors.  It was supposed to be an answer to a question I had, but the rep had not idea what the item was.  I gave her the item number, but it didn't do any good.  She spelled "describe" "discribe".....and left out both apostrophes for it's,  She wrote its, instead of it's....meaning it is.

I know QVC strives for the highest quality, but someone should check the spelling and grammar before sending out information to their customers.

Super Contributor

Carol08 wrote:

"I received an email from Customer Service today, that had one spelling error and two grammatical errors.  It was supposed to be an answer to a question I had, but the rep had not idea what the item was.  I gave her the item number, but it didn't do any good.  She spelled "describe" "discribe".....and left out both apostrophes for it's,  She wrote its, instead of it's....meaning it is.

I know QVC strives for the highest quality, but someone should check the spelling and grammar before sending out information to their customers."

I'm not picking on you, but I do hate to point out that you typed "not" instead of "no."

Respected Contributor

People who live in glass houses.........(just saying).

I just finished reading a customer review on a food product that said the item was very "holsum."  Still laughing about that one!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

I received an email from Customer Service today, that had one spelling error and two grammatical errors.  It was supposed to be an answer to a question I had, but the rep had not idea what the item was.  I gave her the item number, but it didn't do any good.  She spelled "describe" "discribe".....and left out both apostrophes for it's,  She wrote its, instead of it's....meaning it is.

I know QVC strives for the highest quality, but someone should check the spelling and grammar before sending out information to their customers.

Both apostrophes??  I didn't know there were any words that could have more than one apostrophe.

Honored Contributor

One of the ironic aspects of this kind of complaint occurs when the writer of the complaint makes her own proofreading error. 

Valued Contributor

My niece wrote this.  I had nothing to do with it.

Valued Contributor

There were 2 "its" in the sentence.  They should have been spelled "it's", hence the 2 apostrophes.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

One of the ironic aspects of this kind of complaint occurs when the writer of the complaint makes her own proofreading error. 

&/or depending on spellcheck!