Valued Contributor

I purchased 3 pair of Isaac's #A370333. 3 different colors & 1 pair fits! I'm at wit's end. I really like them. I don't know if I should try to excange them for the same size & hope I get them. Or just order them while they are in stock. I've had this happen with other brands too. Sometimes in the same color! I think we deserve a full refund when this happens. I did try a size up & they are too big. What would you do?

Honored Contributor

I'll tell you how this "fit situation" happens.

Now I am not in a position to say this happened in YOUR case, but it does happen often.

Companies (like QVC) and many other companies put in an order for a specific style of clothes.

One of several things can happen.  The company they ordered from (every single thing....clothes, toys, medicine, etc) comes from China....but they're different companies.

Maybe QVC ordered .... say, 5,000 boot cut jeans (style number 000) from one Chinese company.  But then they decide to order more...this time another color.  What?! Can't get them from the same company?

What?!  Have to get them from another company!  Each company has a tiny variance on sizes.

That's just one thing that happens.

I've had it happened a lot of times.  I always try on every piece of clothes.  Even when I order the same thing at the same time but different colors.

Sometimes they all fit, often one or two might fit but the third....too big or too small.  See, different manufacturer.

My friend tells me it happens at brick and mortar stores too.  I don't know because I haven't shopped in one for maybe 3 or more years.

You would often find the fit problem if you decided to go back and get another one.  Many times they don't fit the same (i.e. different manufacturer).

I'll bet others have noticed the same thing.  I know I have quite frequently.

To sum it up...Honey!  It's not you, it's QVC and their various manufacturers.

Honored Contributor

@DADYou're describing one of the major reasons I buy almost no clothing "long distance."  I often find that same problem in local stores -  sometimes as you discovered, it happens within the same style numbers.  Right now I own 4 or 5 pairs of a Chico's jean, all the same style number and supposedly the same size yet one pair has quite a different fit.

And, almost always, within any brand moving from one style to another doesn't guarantee a similar fit.  And that's been true for pieces costing $30 or less but even for those costing $100 or more.  Different colors, different fabrics, different styles -  I can't be bothered doing all the returns I'd have to do to find a fit.  It's already bad to have to try on a half dozen items to find one that's for me even in the boutique where the sales people deliver items from the floor.

Sad to say, I don't know how you should deal with your dilemma.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Size issues

[ Edited ]

That's why when I go into a dressing room to try something on, jeans for example, I'll take 3 pairs in there of the exact same size/color/style. Out of the 3, on a good day one pair will be just right. 

The last time I was in a Macy's, and it was a few years ago, trying on Style & Co. jeans it took 2 trips into the dressing room with 3 pair each time for a total of 6 try ons to hit on 2 pair of the identical jeans that fit the same. 

And the last 2 times I ordered Denim & Co original pull on jeans in the same 2 colors and sizes I already have they didn't come close to being the same. I gave up.

I have had luck though ordering my jeans from Lee. I have 3 shades of blue and 1 black in the same style and all fit the same. One blue is about half an inch longer but that's not enough difference in where they fall to have had me returning them. 

Respected Contributor

@DAD

I do not purchase pants from Mizrahi.

Q is CONSISTENT on INCONSISTENT sizing.

I'm done with paying the price for lack of:

Quality   

Value

and 

Convenience

My wallet appreciates it too.  Smiley Wink 

Esteemed Contributor

This past year i found sizing differences in Susan Gravers clothing line which always in the past seemed to stick to the same measurements...........i order so much less now....i have actually lost weight.....and i find the pants waists are tighter....sleeve and shoulder measurements are smaller and all of SG's new tops are mainly tunic length and i am a petite............it is sad because i keep wondering if SG even watches her shows on QVC because her outfits SWIM on her half the time and i know she always says she is 5'4"...and i find it hard to believe she wears clothes that long/loose in the real world.  Won't even get into those ALL wild and crazy prints she claims

she doesn't do.....   AND personally i am a fan of Susan.

Honored Contributor

Isn't this sizing thing a quality control problem, the same thing happens with brick and mortar sizing, but of course you try the stuff on there. IM really doesn't design those clothes, his team does and SG surely doesn't wear what she sells on the Q, she's swimming in them. 5ft4 is petite or short and she and the rest of the Q's designers need to make clothes that fit petites.

Trusted Contributor

I just sent back some D&C jeans yesterday.  I have 2 pair of the SAME jeans that fit perfectly.  The ones that I received in the light wash must be 1-2 sizes smaller.  I could barely get them pulled up.  Same jeans, same measurements, NOT the same fit.

Esteemed Contributor

I found that I have to try on everything I order as soon as I get it because the fit is so off......

I have been burned before by getting the same pair of capris in a different color and when I go to wear them when it starts to get hot....they don't fit

Esteemed Contributor

@DAD-- you just stated why I no longer order clothing from QVC! 

Sizing is always off.  The last straw was when I ordered 2 pair of the exact same jeans, same style and size, but one was too big and the other too small.  I laid them on my bed, one on top of the other, and there was almost a 2-inch difference in length and width.  QVC would not take them back as "defective" so I had to pay postage on both of them to return.  (oh, that's another reason - Q's shipping charges).

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt