Trusted Contributor

Re: Should HSN drop Jessica Simpson?

I am really am dissapointing in HSN. Colleen is one of their best hosts she did her best and she didn't deserve that. It's just crazy I would just assume they would have a zero tolerance policy towards this. I Doubt QVC would have allowed this
Esteemed Contributor

All of the shop channels is a business. Their goal is to bring a product that rings to the sound of PROFIT...simple and to short & sweet of whoever that person is or the supply and demand of that person or any person-(vendor) may be. I have not seen anything that JS sold, nor have I ever watched her, but I do know she is a very popular draw for many females under the age of 30, maybe even older. That is the way the sales world maintains their buy/sale game. If what is true, bringing in a billion $$$ worth of business, then I, personally do not believe for one minute that the ceo of any company would be concerned how uncomfortable a host would appear to take "THIS" as her/his own. The host is in sales:she-he does not have to account to the STOCK HOLDERS. I do believe that this type of behavior would prove to me very 'pathetic', to say the least, but will not stop me from buying certain products from this company...because of how she presented herself. For something that I did not view, I cannot comment on what -only- I have just read.

I never approve of JR's unwelcomed language-ever, but I remain a frequent customer of 'this' shop q station. 

Morally, money does not care who owns IT, including businesses from every corner of the world. I am disappointed, though, not only for the new women on the block, but how any company (most of them) has lost their refined requirements to  dignity.....

Esteemed Contributor

It's the first time I ever saw Jessica Simpson, but I watched about ten minutes to kind of see what she offered. I couldn't watch longer than that. Somebody should have kept that lady off air. I wouldn't listen to her; ergo, I wouldn't buy a thing from her. Dr. Phil better get hold of her!

Respected Contributor

No one should speculate on why she acted the way she did. We have no idea what was really going on. Someone on another post referenced Paula Abdul's behavior back before she "cleaned her act up" to paraphrase. Paula had legitimate injury and pain issues and it was unfair how she was treated back then. I'm glad she found something that worked.  

I'm not making excuses for Jessica just saying we don't know. Some people with migraines or seizures take anticonvulsant medications which can make you pretty loopy. I certainly am not going to make a judgement when I have no clue what her issue is. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think, despite her success in the clothing and accessory business, she lacks confidence to talk about her products.  Perhaps selling is not her strong suit.  Add to that, a touch of space cadet and that explains why she was hiding behind her hair - at least the couple of minutes I watched.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I thought it was interesting and odd that Steve Bryant gave his opinion regarding all this. He said that when a new vendor comes on it is common that the ptb limit the items being sold so there are constant sell-outs giving the impression that everyone is jumping on the phone in order to buy when in reality there aren't that many to be sold.  If this is so...... yet another deception to get us to jump and buy thinking everyone's buying it.

As far as JS is concerned.  I read quite a few of the blogs and saw most of the clips that are out there.  It was extremely difficult to watch and there are those who thought she was merely nervous and inept at being herself trying to sell something.....  I personally thought she was on something, even if that something was only caffeine....  it was brutal.

Her line isn't anything I'm excited about.  Her handbags are at Dillards and I've looked at them quite often.  First, I rarely invest in a vinyl handbag but when I do it must look classic and tailored OR if I go a little edgy then it must not look junky.  Her bag styles are mostly overblown, takes the "trend" and embellishes on it and I really don't like that.  Same with her boots and fashion.  I love boots but can't wear anything other than a leather.  So I'm pretty much out of her loop....

And speaking of loop, I hope she decides to change the loopy behavior.  A woman nearing 40 with an extremely lucrative business needs to drop the ditsy act and act her age..... everyone will still think she's beautiful and s*xy but she'll have everyone's respect as well.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

You hit the nail on the head @birdmama.   Jessica is out of her element, likely why she brought her mother along.  No, HSN shouldn't drop her.  She is innocent until proven guilty.

Respected Contributor

Everyone keeps saying this is the first time HSN has sold JS items.  I could have sworn I heard Colleen say her items are always on The List and that this was the 10th anniversary of her line.  ??

Anyway, her line is apparently very popular in different countries also.  My daughter and I were in Crete doing a little shopping.  My daughter found a shoe she liked and tried it on.  She loved it, but when she took it off and looked inside, it was a Jessica Simpson shoe.Smiley Very Happy  She wasn't about to buy an American brand in Greece.

Honored Contributor

Drop her?  Are you joking?  She was drunk or high on something, she totally humiliated herself but her products sold out.  The visit was a huge success for Jessica and for HSN.  There will be more viewers, which means more sales the next time she's on.  

Respected Contributor

I thought I heard that she had had only two hours sleep and that would explan her behavior. *Shrug*